AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Welcome Everyone! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=58)

wakkz 01-25-2010 04:43 PM

Hi everyone, Henrik here from Sweden. Mcintosh isn't that common over here, but i'm lucky I found out about it over the net. Now i'm a lucky owner of 2 MC501's and a C46 with B&W 803S. It's a nice feeling that finally found the sound I love. Cheers!

KMC45 01-25-2010 08:07 PM

Welcome to you both.

f1 fan 01-26-2010 02:18 AM

Welcome to AA NC David and wakkz;)

Dave

enrique 01-26-2010 10:02 AM

Hi everyone. Enrique from Spain (enrique too in the other forum). Passionate about sound and Mcintosh. Sorry, but I have an advantage over most of you... i easily pronounce "aficionado", a Spanish word... thanks Ivan ˇ

Masterlu 01-26-2010 12:09 PM

Welcome to AA enrique! :thumbsup:

hkval 01-27-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enrique (Post 60492)
Hi everyone. Enrique from Spain (enrique too in the other forum). Passionate about sound and Mcintosh. Sorry, but I have an advantage over most of you... i easily pronounce "aficionado", a Spanish word... thanks Ivan ˇ

Hi and welcome Enrique. Is "Aficionado" some kind of a vegetable or something?:D
You will love being a Aficionado(er).:banana:

AngelHedge 01-27-2010 08:10 PM

Hello all --- I am an old school audiophile. Due to the conservative nature of my company I am not allowed to identify myself by name or post pictures. I have a few systems and by "old school" I am referring to personally working with a writer of the Absolute Sound to build my first high end system which included an Audio Research SP3, Ampzilla, DQ10's, then a Threshold 400a, Pyramid Metronomes etc...

Masterlu 01-27-2010 08:52 PM

Welcome to AA AngelHedge! :wave:

two dot 01-27-2010 09:01 PM

Welcome Guys!!!

I look forward to hearing more from all of you.

chessman 02-04-2010 11:57 PM

Hello, everyone. I wandered in from mid-fi, but I hope to find my way to hi-fi. :thumbsup:

My original emphasis was home theater (92" front projection, 1080p), but when music started sounding good the quest for better began in earnest. A pair of Fathom 113s started the serious upgrade-itis. The most recent upgrade is a pair of Wilson Audio Sophia 2 speakers. Now I am wrestling with deciding what preamp and amp to mate with them. To be honest, it's a problem I rather enjoy having. :D

Randy

Masterlu 02-05-2010 08:49 AM

Welcome to AA Randy, you are definitely in the right place & among friends! :yes:

jdandy 02-05-2010 11:31 AM

chessman........Randy, welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

nelamvr6 02-06-2010 03:00 AM

Hi guys! Name's Nat. I have high end taste, but a mass market budget I'm afraid.

I do the best I can, I'm slowly working my way up. My system right now sounds great. But I still dream of the uber cool gear.

I'll keep striving, working my way up. an upgrade here, an upgrade there...

But until then at least I can enjoy great music on a system that sounds great.

thanks a lot for welcoming me here, it's a really nice place! :beerchug:

Masterlu 02-12-2010 08:36 PM

Welcome to AA nelamvr6 :wave:

f1 fan 02-14-2010 09:56 PM

chessman and nelamvr6......welcome to AA. You're now among friends;)

Dave

drjjpdc 04-07-2010 02:19 PM

Hello everyone. I just joined up and like the look of the website. I'm a member of the NJAS and listen to a lot of music.

John

jdandy 04-07-2010 02:39 PM

drjjpdc.......John, welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

PHC1 04-07-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drjjpdc (Post 73430)
Hello everyone. I just joined up and like the look of the website. I'm a member of the NJAS and listen to a lot of music.

John

John, welcome to AA. I also used to enjoy an Audible Illusions Modulus 3A preamp and had a pair of Quicksilver amps back in the day. :thumbsup:

choko 04-19-2010 10:28 AM

Hey guys

Another newbie.. Looking to buy gear for my new place soon (hopefully Sashas) so would love some advice.. Anyone else from Australia? Other interests include photography and horology (go lange!)

J

Still-One 04-19-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choko (Post 76105)
Hey guys

Another newbie.. Looking to buy gear for my new place soon (hopefully Sashas) so would love some advice.. Anyone else from Australia? Other interests include photography and horology (go lange!)

J

choko
Welcome wave:
You came to the right place. There are several Wilson owners here and you will see there are Forums for both Photography and Watches. (go Jaeger LeCoultre)

Jim

bondmanp 06-14-2010 10:01 AM

Hello, all. I am Phil and I am a hifi enthusiast. Newbie to this site, but not new to the hobby! I am located in Central New Jersey. I am an active member of the NJ Audio Society. I have a combo 2-channel/HT system in a dedicated corner of my basement. The 2-channel chain is: All-stock Thorens TD-166 MkII/Ortofon OM-30 Super/Denon DL-160 (two arm wands), Rotel RCD-02 CDP feeding a highly modded Beresford DAC, Conrad-Johnson PV-11 preamp w/phono, Odyssey Audio HT3 amp w/cap upgrade, Ohm Walsh 2000 loudspeakers, each with its own Vandersteen 2Wq subwoofer. PS Audio quintet, and cables by Emotive Audio, Blue Jeans cable, Audio Art cable and PS Audio Jewel AC cord. SPeaker cables are older Kimber entry level. Musical taste is pretty wide - everything from old school punk and post-punk to trance, singer-songwriters, most forms of Jazz and classical. Not too much country, no rap and no opera.

Although I am not familiar with the web site being referenced as the site most of you fled here from, I look forward to constructive interaction with other AA members!

Ritmo 06-19-2010 11:27 AM

Hi everyone!

Yes, another newbie to this site. Live in NW Arkansas. Have enjoyed music for many years and, consequently, have been in this audio hobby for a long time. I even sold stereo equipment in the late 70's while going to college - JBL, Marantz, SAE, Bose, Yamaha, Avid, and a few others.

Have had many systems over the years - Spendor, Acoustat, Magnepan, Aragon, Hafler, NAD, B&W, Denon, Elite, Linn, Rega, Naim...and a few others. These days, have an ok system (Anthem, Oppo, Revel) that I'm in the process of upgrading in a significant way.

Music taste is quite wide - old rock (Eagles, Genesis, Supertramp, ELO, Who, ...), jazz (mostly contemporary/smooth jazz) and some classical (light stuff - Bach, Mozart,...).

Anyway, have been looking at this site for a few weeks. I have really enjoyed the tone of everyone posting. Lots of supportive and helpful info.

I'm certainly looking forward to the conversation with everyone.

Kind regards,
Mike (aka - Ritmo)

Tolstoi 06-21-2010 03:08 PM

Hello everyone,
I'm Joerg from Hamburg/Germany and joined yesterday and hope to find some interesting conversation here about music and systems.

Five years ago I rediscovered vinyl for myself again and had to start all over again buying records after ten years of vinyl abstinence - a terrible mistake I made somewhere around '96 - to ditch my record player and my records.

I'm quite satisfied with my system at the moment even though there are still a lot of things to be done but I guess we all now that this is a journey that won't end so soon if you are into this hobby and that's just the wonderful thing about it :).

Cheers

Joerg

Handlebar 06-23-2010 09:43 AM

hello.. i'm always interested in audio video sites and i remember a few names here..
so, hello again..

jdandy 06-23-2010 10:47 AM

Tolstoi.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

jdandy 06-23-2010 10:47 AM

Handlebar.......And the same for you. Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

-E- 06-23-2010 10:54 AM

As you can see Dan is our 1-man welcoming brigade. :) Welcome to the new folks.

Masterlu 06-23-2010 11:25 AM

Ditto, Welcome to AA ya'll :wave:

byZan 07-01-2010 05:09 PM

Hi!

I am an old man 55 + who are very poor in English and U.S. English as well. So you must have a lot of patience if you going to talk to me or to have quick answers.
I joined here in AA through a recommendation from a friend, and why it was that I recently bought a pair of MC 1201 (one year old) and I want to learn more about McIntosh products. I think this forum could be perfect for me, despite my poor English. What I have read here so it seems a very friendly tone of the threads and many knowledgeable people, I like that, and it was probably the biggest reason I joined here.

Hope to take part of everyone's knowledge and tweaks that I need to secure the continuation of my hobbies.

I end my presentation here and think I may need to tell more in other threads.

In the end, you will bear with my language and grammar.

See you!

/ / byZan

Still-One 07-02-2010 08:24 AM

Welcome to Audioaficionado byZan :wave:

We are looking forward to hearing more about the gear you have chosen to go with your 1201's.

Jim

-E- 07-02-2010 01:04 PM

Cheers and welcome!

jdandy 07-02-2010 01:36 PM

btZan.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

Do not worry about your English. We have people from all around the globe sharing converstaion here, and we all manage to understand each other. You will fit right in. Glad you found us.

vernneal 07-06-2010 10:02 AM

New member. McIntosh guy. Hope to learn alot

Masterlu 07-07-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vernneal (Post 92808)
New member. McIntosh guy. Hope to learn alot

Welcome to AA! vernneal :wave:

jdandy 07-07-2010 11:48 AM

vernneal.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

There are planty of McIntosh enthusiasts here, so you should be right at home.

mati1979 07-14-2010 05:09 PM

hello ! im MAtias, I live in Argentina.
I need only one answer to get started :music:

i speak english not very well but i can use a traductor online :D

I have Thiel 1.5, MA7000 and Marantz source dv9500
and i would change a thiel and dv9500
well, then I will continue asking in other threads :D

eljr 07-14-2010 06:02 PM

Dick's Picks, Volume Three---------Grateful Dead

BTW, this is the best in the series.

Babur72 07-18-2010 07:19 PM

Greetings all,
I'm Babur.I currently live in Surrey,in the UK.Although i'll be relocating to the sub-continent within a few years due to business/family commitments.
I realise this may sound like heresy but,whilst i previously recognised McIntosh to have erstwhile been at the vanguard of the audio industry,i allowed myself to be influenced by some unscrupulous dealers,in unquestioningly accepting their advice & dismissed McIntosh as a currently stale & uncreative manufacturer of over-priced,non-high end audio products...Please don't crucify me,just yet!
That is.Until i took the time to have a good listen to their gear with some suitable partnering equipment of a similar standard.
The happy ending to this story is that very soon i'll be acquiring the first McIntosh piece in my new,McIntosh based,system.
Regards.
BABUR.

jdandy 07-18-2010 08:46 PM

Babur72.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

Don't you just hate those self serving, unscrupulous dealers. Knowledge is power.

Still-One 07-18-2010 10:48 PM

Welcome Babur72

There are many outstanding manufacturers out there but not many that have the longevity of McIntosh. In the long run you will find the sound and quality are worth the price of admission. That said, we like all types of hi-end gear hear.
Jim