AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wilson Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Sasha 2's on the way! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40017)

metaphacts 08-01-2017 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 859220)
I'll trump you all:snicker:

http://usasma.armylive.dodlive.mil/f...NG-300x300.png

Best Sirs,

bob

Bob One word: WLOCP

I know that akfaulkner, audioguy3107, and gadawg get it, dirty dawgs that they are. :D

vintage_tube 08-01-2017 09:30 PM

You mean, aka River City Showdown. I got now. I was off base (trying to steal 3d at a FB game:D). My Bad.

metaphacts 08-01-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 859257)
You mean, aka River City Showdown. I got now. I was off base (trying to steal 3d at a FB game:D).

No aka on this one. River City Showdown was a pathetic name cooked up by the president of that other school to try and stop people from calling it by its rightful name "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" or WLOCP for short.

Except maybe Nolies and Canes, nobody in Florida or Georgia calls it the RCS.

vintage_tube 08-01-2017 09:47 PM

:bolt:

Best Sir,

Bob

gadawg 08-01-2017 09:48 PM

Ga/Fl game was always a great game ... especially in 1980 on 4th and long ... Run Lindsey run!!! Go Dawgs! That was even better than when I played at UGA and we beat Florida when Emmit Smith was a Freshman! Great memories and even better friends!

metaphacts 08-02-2017 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadawg (Post 859261)
Ga/Fl game was always a great game ... especially in 1980 on 4th and long ... Run Lindsey run!!! Go Dawgs! That was even better than when I played at UGA and we beat Florida when Emmit Smith was a Freshman! Great memories and even better friends!

No doubt. UF had no QB Emmitt's freshman year so it was tough sledding indeed. Had to be cool to play on uga teams that had winning records in the Cocktail Party. Not too many guys from the past 30 years or so can say that.

I'm just surprised that you didn't order your Sashas in Desert "Silver Britches." :D

akfaulkner 08-02-2017 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 859288)
No doubt. UF had no QB Emmitt's freshman year so it was tough sledding indeed. Had to be cool to play on uga teams that had winning records in the Cocktail Party. Not too many guys from the past 30 years or so can say that.

I'm just surprised that you didn't order your Sashas in Desert "Silver Britches." :D

I was in the marching band so I went to all the away games including the cocktail party... unfortunately the loss to Florida during the 2000-2004 was tough...

I am fortunate though as I am from a divided house...half my family graduated from UF and I was the sole graduate from UGA...so I actually liked both teams! Odd I know. I kept that to myself to avoid getting left in Florida :)

akfaulkner 08-02-2017 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadawg (Post 859261)

[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

gadawg 08-02-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akfaulkner (Post 859291)
I was in the marching band so I went to all the away games including the cocktail party... unfortunately the loss to Florida during the 2000-2004 was tough...

I am fortunate though as I am from a divided house...half my family graduated from UF and I was the sole graduate from UGA...so I actually liked both teams! Odd I know. I kept that to myself to avoid getting left in Florida :)

How funny ... I married a Florida girl and we get along great except one day per year ... and neither of us are gracious winners! :D

Now I'll get back on topic lest I get censored for hi-jacking my own thread! LOL

Hoping the Shunyata Sigma gets here before the Sasha's so I can get the SC run in and ready ahead of time. That said one of the advancements in the new line of Shunyata is supposed to be they require very little run it ... We'll see hopefully on the 24th when Sasha arrives! 22 more days not that I'm counting or anything ...

metaphacts 08-02-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadawg (Post 857356)
Thanks!

Equipment ...

Levinson No326s pre
McIntosh MC-601's
AR Dac9
AR PH8
VPI Prime w. SoundSmith Zephyr

All Shunyata Anaconda balanced interconnect
Will be auditioning speaker wire ... Transparent Reference, Shunyata Sigma, Clear Beyond

Seafoam Green with black grills

Can't wait!

George

Seafoam looks fantastic! Congratulations!