AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Turntables & Tonearms (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   ClearAudio Innovation v. ClearAudio Innovation Compact (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=38620)

Weirdcuba 02-16-2017 09:56 PM

ClearAudio Innovation v. ClearAudio Innovation Compact

Has anyone compared these two tables side by side, or even heard them both separately? I've heard the Innovation and loved it, but can save some $$ via the Compact? Just trying to balance $$ vs. sound quality (constant process).

Thanks in advance.

Pyro 02-19-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 832646)
Has anyone compared these two tables side by side, or even heard them both separately? I've heard the Innovation and loved it, but can save some $$ via the Compact? Just trying to balance $$ vs. sound quality (constant process).

Thanks in advance.

Been wondering a similar thing. The compact is just a little more of a jump in price compared to the ovation.

Msegal 04-02-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 832646)

Thanks in advance.

I have compared my Ovation to my buddy's Innovation Wood. The Innovation has better bass and the platter spins forever when you turn it off.
That said I have been VERY satisfied with my Ovation/Clarify table. I recently upgraded my Benz Micro SLR to a Koetsu Jade. Quite a change.
I might be too deep into the cartridge compared to the table/arm but it really sounds great!

The Lost Bears 04-02-2017 06:42 PM

Both the Innovation and Innovation Compact have the magnetic bearing. The magnetic bearing floats the platter. This reduces friction and helps isolate the platter. They both also have the electronic speed control that constantly checks the speed and adjusts it when necessary.

The main difference is that the Innovation has a more substantial platter with better isolation.

Weirdcuba 04-02-2017 09:03 PM

I'm about 36 hours into a new innovation and all I can say is that it's quite quite pleasant thus far. Audio memory, which is decidedly imperfect, says that it beats the absolute heck out of the MT-5 in my system (has a much nicer tone arm and cartridge, so that may explain a fair bit of it).

Right now, I'm in turntable nirvana.

rjryan 05-15-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msegal (Post 839892)
I have compared my Ovation to my buddy's Innovation Wood. The Innovation has better bass and the platter spins forever when you turn it off.

That said I have been VERY satisfied with my Ovation/Clarify table. I recently upgraded my Benz Micro SLR to a Koetsu Jade. Quite a change.

I might be too deep into the cartridge compared to the table/arm but it really sounds great!

Knowing both of your systems, you may be right at the top of the Clarify/Ovation, but I think it can carry that cart just fine. I agree on the bass...I think. The other system is hard to quantify :D