AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Shunyata vs Cardas vs Wireworld (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=38812)

phishphan 03-11-2017 10:01 PM

Shunyata vs Cardas vs Wireworld

All -

I'm looking to upgrade my interconnects from my BDA-3 to my SP3, the interconnects from the SP3 to my 28b3s (which is about 6 feet each way) and speaker cable to the kef 5s. I'm starting there, and I'm sure I'll end up getting IC and SC for my 4b3 which powers my center.

What would you pick, and why?

Masterlu 03-11-2017 11:09 PM

WW Silver Eclipse; they are WW's sweet spot in their line up. IMHO, they have the best detail and dynamics; best value for the money, and most flexible for a clean installation. They also have amazing shielding against any RF/EMI interference.

jdandy 03-11-2017 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 836382)
WW Silver Eclipse; they are WW's sweet spot in their line up. IMHO, they have the best detail and dynamics; best value for the money, and most flexible for a clean installation. They also have amazing shielding against any RF/EMI interference.

Ivan.......I could not agree more. I have my studio McIntosh systems fully wired with Silver Electra power cords, Silver Eclipse balanced interconnects, Silver Eclipse speaker cables, Silver Starlight and Platinum digital cables. These full looms of Wireworld deliver exceptional clarity, resolution, dynamics, and pure musical joy.

gadawg 03-11-2017 11:50 PM

I've never had any Wireworld cable in my system but did do extensive listening with both Shunyata Anaconda vs Cardas Clear IC. I think between those two which are both really good cables ... system synergy is going to be important. With my setup both had exceptional sound staging, depth, bass, and a very open midrange. They both had a high degree of transparency but Clear seemed a tiny bit too bright and the Anaconda seemed as transparent without that very slight edge I experienced with the Clear cable. With other components the Clear might have been desirable. Cardas now has a new Clear reflection that is supposed to sound a bit like their older cables that many regarded as a bit warmer in a good way. I haven't heard those myself so I can't say. Best advice is to try them in your system because system synergy will come into play here. Have fun and good luck!

Chad.Wagner 03-12-2017 12:50 AM

Wireworld Silver Electra are very good. I was not a big believer in power cables until I heard a Shunyata demonstration. I could not believe what I heard. I had purchased a bunch of Wireworld Silver Electra already, but I tried the Shunyata Alpha HC cables and I was impressed that I heard such a difference. I have since upgraded to Shunyata Sigma HC and Analog cables. I went back and tested the Wireworld Silver Electra compared to stock cables and I was again surprised. Going from stock to Wireworld Silver Electra made more of a difference than I first realized. Going to Shunyata Alpha HC was an improvement, but now using the Shunyata Sigma HC and Analog cables I can not believe how much of an improvement power cables can makes. As an electrical engineer I still question my sanity, but my ears prove to me what a difference they make. (I have had a friend switch the cables and I have been able to pick each one out.) Images get more precise and the instruments are clearer with more detail in the high and low ranges. The sound stage has more depth, width, and height clearly detailing the position of instruments on the sound stage. You can actually hear singers moving their heads side to side as they sing and rain sticks being moved left to right.

phishphan 03-12-2017 10:54 AM

So far I'm hearing Cardas is the last one to pick. Economically WW seems like the way to go. I just have this nagging feeling, and I can't tell if it's good or bad, about the Shunyata cables.

AudioGremlin 03-12-2017 11:09 AM

I echo everything that Ivan said. I have a 7 metre pair of WW Silver Eclipse RCA interconnect. The performance is extraordinary as is the shielding, absolutely silent under no signal conditions, which is incredible for a long RCA interconnect. You won't be disappointed.

rnrmf1971 03-12-2017 12:48 PM

I've never heard a Cardas cable that i liked.
Wireworld is a great option and is exceptional for the price. Wireworld is the choice in my system.
Current (a number of years old, at this point) Shunyata products are sort of light in the bass and image density category. But their mid-range is three dimensional and transparent like nothing I've heard. I had to pass when I auditioned them because of the image density/light weight bass, though.
Shunyata is about to release new cables. It may be worth an audition because if their cables improve the way their power conditioners have, the cables could be a game changer.

Chad.Wagner 03-12-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad.Wagner (Post 836398)
Wireworld Silver Electra are very good. I was not a big believer in power cables until I heard a Shunyata demonstration. I could not believe what I heard. I had purchased a bunch of Wireworld Silver Electra already, but I tried the Shunyata Alpha HC cables and I was impressed that I heard such a difference. I have since upgraded to Shunyata Sigma HC and Analog cables. I went back and tested the Wireworld Silver Electra compared to stock cables and I was again surprised. Going from stock to Wireworld Silver Electra made more of a difference than I first realized. Going to Shunyata Alpha HC was an improvement, but now using the Shunyata Sigma HC and Analog cables I can not believe how much of an improvement power cables can makes. As an electrical engineer I still question my sanity, but my ears prove to me what a difference they make. (I have had a friend switch the cables and I have been able to pick each one out.) Images get more precise and the instruments are clearer with more detail in the high and low ranges. The sound stage has more depth, width, and height clearly detailing the position of instruments on the sound stage. You can actually hear singers moving their heads side to side as they sing and rain sticks being moved left to right.

I have Wireworld Silver Eclipse 5, 6, and 7 XLR and RCA interconnects with one set of older Wireworld Gold Eclipse 5 RCA's. I have tried several interconnects and have been very impressed by Wireworld. Silver interconnects are OCC Silver-clad Copper. Gold interconnects are Solid Silver. Platinum are OCC Solid Silver. I have some 99.9998 pure Silver interconnects on some older equipment and feel that moving from Wireworld Silver to Gold to Platinum would make a big difference in the future.

I have not tried Shunyata interconnects.

kaarmstrong 03-12-2017 02:31 PM

I use Cardas Clear and Clear Beyond in my system. I have been very happy with them. No brightness in my system. I have not demo'd WW or Shunyata speaker or ICs but from what I read they get good reviews.