AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Home Theater (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   MVP901 Balanced Outputs to MX122 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45692)

UFTE 04-24-2019 04:21 PM

MVP901 Balanced Outputs to MX122

Hi All,

I ordered today a MVP901 from my local dealer to use with my current MX122/MC8207 setup, and I have been studying the connection diagrams to get everything in order while I wait for the unit to arrive. Question has come up on the Balanced Outputs from the MVP901 connecting to the MX122. I plan to go HDMI Out from the MVP901 to the HDMI 3 (Blu-Ray) input of the MX122. Then I want to run the Balanced R/L outputs to the XLR Balanced Inputs of the MX122 to complete the hookup. Question would then be for listening to music (SACD's, CD's etc.) in that I would still be selecting the HDMI 3 (Blu-Ray) input on the MX122 to get the input/sound via HDMI. Would then the Balanced Inputs read in addition to the HDMI and override the signal to the R/L speakers as the decoding within the MX122 dictates, or is this not the correct way to go about this? Hopefully I am not over thinking, and or a dumb question, but best place on the planet to ask:thumbsup:

-Ryan

Masterlu 04-24-2019 04:34 PM

In the installer setup mode for that particular input, you will be able to select your method of audio connection.

UFTE 04-24-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

In the installer setup mode for that particular input, you will be able to select your method of audio connection.
Thanks Ivan. You then think i have the wiring correct how I noted above, and follow what I am getting at?

-Ryan

Masterlu 04-24-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFTE (Post 962720)
Thanks Ivan. You then think i have the wiring correct how I noted above, and follow what I am getting at?

-Ryan

Ryan... you will only be able to select one or the other not both. You’ll need to select HDMI for both video and audio.

You could use the Balanced outputs from your MVP901 to the MX122, but would need to configure that on another input.

edward3132 04-24-2019 04:49 PM

when listening to music you would actually pick the Balanced In input and not the Blu Ray Input.
If not the HDMI would always probably play by default.

UFTE 04-24-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Ryan... you will only be able to select one or the other not both. You’ll need to select HDMI for both video and audio.

You could use the Balanced outputs from your MVP901 to the MX122, but would need to configure that on another input.
Gotcha...."configure that on another input" is what I was not seeing/getting. I could assign the Balanced outputs to CD for example on the MX122 to listen in stereo.

Hope the additional set of XLR cables was not a total waste, but nice option to have. I ended up ordering them direct from WW this time along with a short HDMI cable to not bug you with such a small request.

Thanks again Ivan and you are the best!

-Ryan

UFTE 04-24-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

when listening to music you would actually pick the Balanced In input and not the Blu Ray Input.
If not the HDMI would always probably play by default.
Thanks Edward....the HDMI default was my assumption as well and think now I have this figured out.

-Ryan

Masterlu 04-24-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFTE (Post 962724)
Gotcha...."configure that on another input" is what I was not seeing/getting. I could assign the Balanced outputs to CD for example on the MX122 to listen in stereo.

Hope the additional set of XLR cables was not a total waste, but nice option to have. I ended up ordering them direct from WW this time along with a short HDMI cable to not bug you with such a small request.

Thanks again Ivan and you are the best!

-Ryan

There is no such thing as a small request. :)