AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   WW ICs - cured a semi-skeptic (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=2831)

80B 12-05-2009 07:45 PM

WW ICs - cured a semi-skeptic

This past week has seen the completion of my components and I've got all-current Mc gear, which means you guys waiting for the MX-150 and MVP-881 won't have long now, thus making my stuff obsolete. :D

Getting the MVP-871 this week prompted me to dip the toes into the premium cable world and replace the mix of semi-generic ICs that I've bought over the years. I've kept the cabling for last, because my feeling is that the gear is generally more important, and premium interconnects are basically wasted on less-than-premium components. The WW ICs are below the Silver Eclipse line, but boy they've made a real difference, and having balanced XLRs for the stereo channel from source to pre to power amps brings more immediacy to the music. One thing I've noticed with the balanced interconnects is that the volume levels are maybe 80% of what I got before. I do get more detail at lower volumes, and don't come near to burying the meters when cranking it up.

Ivan was very helpful with the purchase, :thumbsup: and I highly recommend Legend Audio & Video to anyone. I look forward to trying out the Eclipse line some day and hearing the difference truly top-end ICs can make. Their 'lower end' lines are nothing to be sniffed at!

crytklmass 12-07-2009 06:55 PM

Just curious, Im having the same problems finding the perfect cable for MY needs. I currently have 3 1m Transparent Music Link Ultra MM2 and WireWorld Equinox 6. Been playing with each trying to find the best in each. It's not a fair comparison though. A pair of 1m Transparent Ultra's are $1400. Which means I should be comparing to WireWorld Silver Eclipse. I really want to try these cables to see which is best for me. Im now running a 7 channel system so buying 7 matching cables will be a large investment. I can buy 7 new Silver Eclipse or 4 Transparents. Has anyone compared these two? I know we have users on this board, some prefer WW, some Transparent. but whats the real difference other than price. Ill bet I can sell my 3 Ultras, 5 Equinox and buy 7 new Silver Eclipse and still have some change left. but is it worth it?

Still-One 12-07-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crytklmass (Post 52129)
Just curious, Im having the same problems finding the perfect cable for MY needs. I currently have 3 1m Transparent Music Link Ultra MM2 and WireWorld Equinox 6. Been playing with each trying to find the best in each. It's not a fair comparison though. A pair of 1m Transparent Ultra's are $1400. Which means I should be comparing to WireWorld Silver Eclipse. I really want to try these cables to see which is best for me. Im now running a 7 channel system so buying 7 matching cables will be a large investment. I can buy 7 new Silver Eclipse or 4 Transparents. Has anyone compared these two? I know we have users on this board, some prefer WW, some Transparent. but whats the real difference other than price. Ill bet I can sell my 3 Ultras, 5 Equinox and buy 7 new Silver Eclipse and still have some change left. but is it worth it?

Which speaker cable are you using?

crytklmass 12-07-2009 08:01 PM

currently still using my audioquest rockefeller. I want to match my speaker cables with the I.C. to match my system.

Still-One 12-07-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crytklmass (Post 52145)
currently still using my audioquest rockefeller. I want to match my speaker cables with the I.C. to match my system.

I do not think that you are going to be able to determine whether WW or Transparent meets your needs until you have their speaker cable in the loop.

That said, I truly believe that you would be happy with a complete set of either. Sure there will be a tradeoff in one area or the other, but no big deal. You need to stabilize your system with something so you can really understand what any gear changes are doing.

Are your Transparent's Balanced or Single ended?
Jim

crytklmass 12-07-2009 08:09 PM

Everything is Balanced

f1 fan 12-07-2009 08:22 PM

Agree with Jim. Both WW and Transparent are good. Synergy is the key.

Dave

1KW 12-07-2009 08:26 PM

I have wireworld speaker cables and balanced IC. Mine are the equinox. I think to move up the line I would need to get the silver eclipse as the regular eclipse 6 looks to be almost identical to the equinox 6. I am not sure what the difference is between the 2 ? Anyway everything sounds fine, they are middle of the line wireworld cables. I will upgrade my speakers and tt before I change out my cables as I have no complaints.

By the way, did you guys know I am using a panamax ? :D

80B 12-07-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 52160)

:nono:
:D

Still-One 12-07-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 52160)

Is that the new medicine they have been advertising for incontinence?