AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Japanese Exotica (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Robert Koda... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=9759)

Rafale 09-01-2011 03:22 PM

Robert Koda...

Does anybody know this brand?
High end Audio Robert koda Takumi K-70

Masterlu 09-01-2011 04:44 PM

I'm sure Howie does! :yes:

JSCC 09-01-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafale (Post 199911)
Does anybody know this brand?
High end Audio Robert koda Takumi K-70

This is another VERY High End Japanese Tube creations.

Easily mingle around with its country-men Shindo, Kondo. Their preamp K10 smack a very close resemblance to Kondao's OVERTURE Integrated Amplifer (sans the 2 slits). That could probably be a good indication the creature may have its roots with Kondo-san. A very new addition to the community. Will check with the locals if they will do any import of this brand of Pre-Power amps (for now ...?) products from them.

Cheers! :banana:

howiebrou 09-01-2011 09:23 PM

You do realise the designer is not Japanese??!!

His name is Robert Koch and Robert Koda comes from his first name and his mother in law's maiden name I think.

Very nice looking stuff but i have not heard it yet.

klipschfan 09-01-2011 09:50 PM

http://www.audioaficionado.org/gener...tereo-com.html

Masterlu 09-01-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howiebrou (Post 200032)

His name is Robert Koch and Robert Koda comes from his first name and his mother in law's maiden name I think.

Any relation to Kodakan Howie?

JSCC 09-01-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Of course no Japanese, BUT he DID work for/with Kondo ... so the similarity.

BUT if I want to splurge that kinda of money, Kondo/Shindo/Reimyo would be my preferred choice.

Rafale 09-02-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

From HiFi News :

Robert Koda was founded 3 years ago by designer Robert Koch and his wife. Born in South Africa Robert spent his formative teenage years in Australia and the UK before settling in Tokyo in the 1990s. His japanese wife's maiden name is Toyoda, their brand name being a summation of the Ko from Koch and da from Toyoda. A young Robert Koch learned his craft working for the late Kondo-san at Audio Note in Japan. The Takumi K-70 is the product of design ideasthat have been buzzing around his head for 20 years.Says Robert : 'I believe that the K-70 more than bridges the gap between silicon and the magic of the 300B triode'

Verdict-Sound Quality : 88/100 Reviewer : John Bamford
This one of the few amplifiers to show my beloved Mark Levinson N°383 a clean pair of heels. The Levinson is smooth and ultrarefined, however the Takumi K-70 sounds more open and adds potency and considerable verve to each musical event.

howiebrou 09-02-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafale (Post 200362)
From HiFi News :

Robert Koda was founded 3 years ago by designer Robert Koch and his wife. Born in South Africa Robert spent his formative teenage years in Australia and the UK before settling in Tokyo in the 1990s. His japanese wife's maiden name is Toyoda, their brand name being a summation of the Ko from Koch and da from Toyoda. A young Robert Koch learned his craft working for the late Kondo-san at Audio Note in Japan. The Takumi K-70 is the product of design ideasthat have been buzzing around his head for 20 years.Says Robert : 'I believe that the K-70 more than bridges the gap between silicon and the magic of the 300B triode'

Verdict-Sound Quality : 88/100 Reviewer : John Bamford
This one of the few amplifiers to show my beloved Mark Levinson N°383 a clean pair of heels. The Levinson is smooth and ultrarefined, however the Takumi K-70 sounds more open and adds potency and considerable verve to each musical event.

Nice Phillipe!

I will have to dig some out and have a listen some day...

howie

Rafale 09-03-2011 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howiebrou (Post 200520)
Nice Phillipe!

I will have to dig some out and have a listen some day...

howie

Hello Howie

I think that K-70 is going to make the cover page of HIFI.critic