AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nordost vs Wireworld? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=437)

SoundEarphones 04-22-2009 09:56 AM

Nordost vs Wireworld?

So the orders have begun for my new system and I am trying to decide about the new cables. Right now I have the Straightwire Crescendo II which have been great but with changing the system out, I am replacing everything.

My Mcintosh dealer said Nordost cables are the way to go when it comes to Mcintosh over Wireworld (they are a Wireworld dealer as well) would you agree? He said the Wireworld cables would not really be an upgrade from my current crescendo's since they are basically the same technology.

Still-One 04-22-2009 10:04 AM

I do not use either Nordost or Wireworld but have heard both and I think they are very different cables. I suggest you stay with your current cables until you get used to your new system then try both Nordost and Wireworld. Your dealer saying Straightwire and Wireworld use the same technology covers a lot of ground. You need to hear it for yourself.

-E- 04-22-2009 12:03 PM

Agreed with Stillone.

Get everything in; you may just like the cables you currently have. Then replace a few here and there - but give them all a good audition before you commit.

As far as WW & Mac go, I'd say they have one of the strongest complements with each other.

Masterlu 04-22-2009 12:13 PM

That's why I own them. :yes:

PHC1 04-22-2009 01:44 PM

This is an important decision. Cable investment should be taken seriously as it can bring much needed synergy to your system and enhance the listening pleasure quite a bit. You can use the differences in the house sound of cables to tilt the system balance in your favor. I am not very familiar with WireWorld but the Nordost cable is known for its light and airy presentation with excellent sonic detail retrieval. There are cables such as Transparent for example that sound quite a bit different from Nordost, a much weightier and meatier presentation through the mids with stupendous bass slam, texture and resolution down low. You should take this opportunity to try some cables in your own system and see which you prefer. The skeptics may laugh but the joke is on them for not trying to find synergy of cables with their system. :smoking:

Still-One 04-22-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 7105)
This is an important decision. Cable investment should be taken seriously as it can bring much needed synergy to your system and enhance the listening pleasure quite a bit. You can use the differences in the house sound of cables to tilt the system balance in your favor. I am not very familiar with WireWorld but the Nordost cable is known for its light and airy presentation with excellent sonic detail retrieval. There are cables such as Transparent for example that sound quite a bit different from Nordost, a much weightier and meatier presentation through the mids with stupendous bass slam, texture and resolution down low. You should take this opportunity to try some cables in your own system and see which you prefer. The skeptics may laugh but the joke is on them for not trying to find synergy of cables with their system. :smoking:

Serge
How are your Transparent Ref's breaking in. Maybe you could update us in the cable section. I will do the same regarding my Ultra's
Jim

jdandy 04-22-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillone (Post 7038)
I suggest you stay with your current cables until you get used to your new system then try both Nordost and Wireworld.

ipacmm.......Jim's advice makes the most sense. Too many changes all at once will keep you from having the knowledge of which change provided improvements, or detractions.

PHC1 04-22-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillone (Post 7109)
Serge
How are your Transparent Ref's breaking in. Maybe you could update us in the cable section. I will do the same regarding my Ultra's
Jim

Just posted my findings in the cables forum. :thumbsup:

SoundEarphones 04-22-2009 02:52 PM

Thanks everyone for the input. I will keep the cables right now and then try to demo both the Nordost and WW to see test the differences from what I have now.

Still-One 04-22-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipacmm (Post 7152)
Thanks everyone for the input. I will keep the cables right now and then try to demo both the Nordost and WW to see test the differences from what I have now.

What are your plans for your system?