AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   New "Futura Amati" first quarter 2017 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37824)

raidho 12-03-2016 06:38 AM

New "Futura Amati" first quarter 2017

Hello,

my delaer sell the Demo Futura Amati in piano black from 2016 (new... braking time not complete!) for 15500 $$ ca. !!!
Because the new model that replaces the Fututa Amita is at the door ...

Does anyone have any news?

Thx

dantes0929 12-03-2016 12:51 PM

Mcintosh had it in the showroom the Amati piano black finish with the black anodized plate in 2016 CES Show.

TommyC 12-03-2016 04:32 PM

That means the new Guarneri will be out soon after as well.

RLF 12-08-2016 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidho (Post 817300)

Hello,

my delaer sell the Demo Futura Amati in piano black from 2016 (new... braking time not complete!) for 15500 $$ ca. !!!
Because the new model that replaces the Fututa Amita is at the door ...

Does anyone have any news?

Thx

I am confused about your post. Do you mean that you heard that the Amanti Futura is going to be replaced in 2017? If so, could you clarify your source of this info and what you mean when you say "the new model replaces the Futura Amita is at the door." Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantes0929 (Post 817364)
Mcintosh had it in the showroom the Amati piano black finish with the black anodized plate in 2016 CES Show.

CES 2016 was at the beginning of 2016. Do you mean when the original nickle-plated end covers and fins were replaced by the newer black satin finish as shown back then was the replacement that you are referring to? Thanks.

schuzants 12-08-2016 05:23 PM

My dealer called me 1.5 month ago and mentioned the same that SF would cease Futura line sometime next year. I took it lightly as he was pushing me to order SF Vox sooner before it gets cut too.

Vox is matched up to Aida line as far as I know , though there was no rush for me to believe his prediction on Vox I ordered one anyway :)

RLF 12-08-2016 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schuzants (Post 818585)
My dealer called me 1.5 month ago and mentioned the same that SF would cease Futura line sometime next year. I took it lightly as he was pushing me to order SF Vox sooner before it gets cut too.

Vox is matched up to Aida line as far as I know , though there was no rush for me to believe his prediction on Vox I ordered one anyway :)

Interesting and certainly has merit as the AF has been around for awhile now. I bought mine shortly before the release of of the Lilum and Il Cremonese.

Congratulations on the purchase of your Vox.

jfray 12-11-2016 10:43 PM

I am excited to see what comes out next! But I still love the Futuras.......

bds 12-16-2016 06:09 AM

Hi,

New Futura "Amati" will be available LATER in Januar!!

My Dealer had send my a email with this info.

The "new" Futura Amati" have a lot of "ilCremonese Technologie inside".

price unknown But sure a litlle more from the "old" Futura......and he say me that make really no sense invested $$ with the Cremonese; the new Futura Amati will be a big surprise. in Sound, Performance and price too.

il Cremonese need a lot more "space" vs the Futura Amati... i dont know if in USA you have ALL so big room... but in Europa is not the same.

myjazz123 01-12-2017 09:56 AM

I spoke with my dealer yesterday and he told me that Sonus Faber instead of current Guarneri and Futura models will release (supposedly In February) new speakers with reduced MSRP:

1. Guarneri Tradition - MSRP $15900

2. Amati Tradition - MSRP $29,900

and most interesting to me it will be new 3 way floor stander between Guarneri and Amati

3. Serafino Tradition - MSRP 21,900.

I cant wait to see the pictures and detailed specifications. If somebody have any additional information, please post.

Thank you.

esteban 01-12-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myjazz123 (Post 825896)
I spoke with my dealer yesterday and he told me that Sonus Faber instead of current Guarneri and Futura models will release (supposedly In February) new speakers with reduced MSRP:

1. Guarneri Tradition - MSRP $15900

2. Amati Tradition - MSRP $29,900

and most interesting to me it will be new 3 way floor stander between Guarneri and Amati

3. Serafino Tradition - MSRP 21,900.

I cant wait to see the pictures and detailed specifications. If somebody have any additional information, please post.

Thank you.

I have also seen photos for all 3 new models (I'm sure they will be all over the web very soon). My least favorite of the classic "Homage" line revisions so far. Basically, they all look like Olympicas on steroids, and even use some minor touches that reminded me of the Principia (their new entry-level line). The Guarneri will for sure polarize folks. The Amati seems ok based on what I have seen, but I still prefer the original, and even the Futura looks, to my taste, more elegant and coherent (visually speaking) than this new model. The Serafino feels to me like an unnecessary addition, but we shall see... At least prices are SLIGHTLY lower.