AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   RMAF 2013 Official Pictures (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Legacy Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=23440)

Masterlu 10-12-2013 10:06 PM

Legacy Audio
 
3 Attachment(s)
http://www.audioaficionado.org/attac...1&d=1381629911

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attac...1&d=1381629916

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attac...1&d=1381629922

Vintage Pete 10-12-2013 10:23 PM

How did this room sound Ivan? Looks like Whisper speakers in the second photo.

Pete

Masterlu 10-12-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Pete (Post 540276)
How did this room sound Ivan? Looks like Whisper speakers in the second photo.

Pete

Pete... It sounded decent considering it was in a very large untreated room.

wpascoe 10-13-2013 12:49 AM

Those are the new Whisper XD speakers in the Rosewood finish ... looking exactly as they do in my living room. Yum. ;) Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

RoadDawgWest 10-13-2013 12:59 AM

wpascoe,
Do you have the Whisper XD speakers with the new tweeter?

enit 10-13-2013 03:06 AM

Oooh, eye candy. ")

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

Bodhisattva 10-13-2013 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadDawgWest (Post 540341)
wpascoe,
Do you have the Whisper XD speakers with the new tweeter?

One day i'm going to punch that dumb leopard up! :D

Vintage Pete 10-13-2013 09:28 AM

Some years ago I drove up to Casselberry, FL to audition the Legacy line. I was a very enjoyable experience. Most of the line was at the dealership, while the owners had a pair of Whispers in their home, with the companion subwoofer. They were gracious enough to take me on the short drive to their home to audition them. They did sound fabulous and craftsmanship from top to bottom was most impressive. I was also impressed with the Legacy Focus.


Pete

wpascoe 10-13-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadDawgWest (Post 540341)
wpascoe, Do you have the Whisper XD speakers with the new tweeter?

I do. I flew to the Legacy Audio plant in Springfield, IL in June to demo the Aeris and the Whisper XD, both of which now come off the line with the new Air Motion Tweeter. I surprised myself -- I was anticipating that I'd choose the Aeris (which had a wonderful sound). I ultimately chose the Whisper XD for two reasons: I think it's got a better bottom end (tighter, deeper, more slam) and it's got a wider sweet spot.

I've been quite happy with my purchase. They're magical.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

RoadDawgWest 10-13-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpascoe (Post 540445)
I do. I flew to the Legacy Audio plant in Springfield, IL in June to demo the Aeris and the Whisper XD, both of which now come off the line with the new Air Motion Tweeter. I surprised myself -- I was anticipating that I'd choose the Aeris (which had a wonderful sound). I ultimately chose the Whisper XD for two reasons: I think it's got a better bottom end (tighter, deeper, more slam) and it's got a wider sweet spot.

I've been quite happy with my purchase. They're magical.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

I also have the Whisper XD speaker with the older tweeter configuration. I have heard the new AMT at shows, and that is not the ideal place to determine if there are major positive differences, I'm curious to know the differences between the older tweeter configuration, and the AMT.

I also agree when set up properly the Whispers have a very wide sweet spot, and are more room independent than other speakers I've used.

I'm currently debating if I should consider a pair with the new AMT tweeter, or if I should consider adding a pair of subwoofers.

Glad to hear you also are enjoying you Whisper XD's. What finish do your Whisper's have?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2022 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.