AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   PMC Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   PMC owners at AA (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=5823)

rnrmf1971 10-05-2011 10:30 AM

I'm enjoying PMC Fact 8's along with an Mc MC602.

They were purchased about a year apart, and the pairing is a bit dry, owing to my room (hard floors and surfaces), and the anamoly that is the MC602. From the story I've been told, the MC602 is the odd man out in the Mcintosh amp stable, prior to the newest offerings. It's definitely a different sound signature than my previous MC202. Better in all ways than the MC202, but a different, more neutral sound, as opposed to the alleged Mcintosh house sound, which was clearly prevalent (and highly enjoyable) in the MC202.

I've been itching to either try MC501's with the Fact 8's or audition a different speaker in my room. I'm not interested in adding a subwoofer. But I'm not in any big rush to make changes, as everything sounds quite good. Just the confluence of my room and amp make things a bit on the dry side.

They are definitely special speakers, though. They truly disappear when making music. The imaging is the best I've heard in my limited experience.

jaxwired 10-31-2011 09:17 AM

Just scored a pair OB1i's in walnut. Amp in Bryston 4bsst2. Preamp is Placette. Will post pics.

EVERYONE POST PICS!!!!

Levi 11-07-2011 06:23 PM

What do you think about the OB1i?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxwired (Post 222148)
Just scored a pair OB1i's in walnut. Amp in Bryston 4bsst2. Preamp is Placette. Will post pics.

EVERYONE POST PICS!!!!

jaxwired 11-09-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi (Post 224365)
What do you think about the OB1i?

What do I think? OMG! I love them. They are exactly what I've been looking for!!! I am thrilled! They have gobs of detail yet they don't shout. The bass is just wonderful. Nice and full and warm, yet, clean and tight. They aren't picky about placement. They sound particularly awesome when playing recordings of acoustic guitar, but then they sound good with everything. I can't find anything in my collection that hasne't benefitted from these new PMCs. Maybe it's just synergy with my equipment, I don't know, but these are keepers fo sho. I feel very lucky to have found such a perect speaker for me. I could go on an on, but I've got run to pick up my son from school.

Jerome W 11-09-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxwired

What do I think? OMG! I love them. They are exactly what I've been looking for!!! I am thrilled! They have gobs of detail yet they don't shout. The bass is just wonderful. Nice and full and warm, yet, clean and tight. They aren't picky about placement. They sound particularly awesome when playing recordings of acoustic guitar, but then they sound good with everything. I can't find anything in my collection that hasne't benefitted from these new PMCs. Maybe it's just synergy with my equipment, I don't know, but these are keepers fo sho. I feel very lucky to have found such a perect speaker for me. I could go on an on, but I've got run to pick up my son from school.

I'm glad that you enjoy them so much ! Congrats !

ian@pmc 11-09-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxwired (Post 225041)

The Bryston/PMC combo is heaped with synergy. Glad you are happy, you'll love it more as the speaker and amp really settle in. One night you'll be listening and then you'll hear when it really comes together. Happy listening!!!

Ian.

Jerome W 11-09-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian@pmc

The Bryston/PMC combo is heaped with synergy. Glad you are happy, you'll love it more as the speaker and amp really settle in. One night you'll be listening and then you'll hear when it really comes together. Happy listening!!!

Ian.

I know that PMC is voiced with Bryston amps, but I can't imagine a better synergy than with my 2301's....

ian@pmc 11-09-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C220MC275 (Post 225045)
I know that PMC is voiced with Bryston amps, but I can't imagine a better synergy than with my 2301's....

MC2301.... That's a purrty amp...:yes:

Pyro 11-12-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C220MC275 (Post 128058)
Ok, so far, we have :

- 7 members using PMC with McIntosh
- 5 -----------------------------Bryston
- 2 ----------------------------- other amps
- 1 member who dit not stated what amp he's using.

So that's only 15 answers !
Where all the PMC owners went ?

Still here Jeromé! :D

Formerly YB-2 12-20-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian@pmc (Post 225043)
The Bryston/PMC combo is heaped with synergy.
Ian.

Would have thought so. But, my TB2i's were not happy with Bryston. Purchased the TB2i's to go with my Bryston B-60R/2B-LP combo in a bi-amp configuration. The TB2i's did not like that at all. Think the crossover must be just at the wrong point to be bi-amped, regardless of the two-pairs of terminals. I listen to a lot of female vocals and the tweeter/upper-mid sounded like a duck with the bi-amp set-up. Backed off to the just the B-60R and was much better, but not great. At least the ducks were gone. So, moved in the 'heavy iron' in the way of a recapped/refurb'd McIntosh MC2105 (weighs 2.5X+ what the B-60R weighs). Amazing match using the 8-ohm taps. Could almost swear I am listening to tubes it so musical and liquid. Guess there is no 'cast-in-stone' forumla for what creates synergy between the various pieces of gear in our system and our ears.