AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   CD Players, Digital Music & Servers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Experience? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46898)

crwilli 10-22-2019 05:10 PM

Experience?

Any AA’ers have any experience with the Lampizator or Aeries Cerat line of DACS? I don’t read much here about them.

The Lampizator Pacific and AC Kassandra II are normally ranked in the top echelon of DACS in other media.

Yamaki 10-22-2019 06:27 PM

Sorry, buddy. I have no experience with them to share.

Good luck!

crwilli 10-22-2019 08:05 PM

Anyone else???

Weirdcuba 10-22-2019 09:48 PM

Heard the lampizator in Munich two years ago - awesome.

audioguy3107 10-22-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 983342)
Any AA’ers have any experience with the Lampizator or Aeries Cerat line of DACS? I don’t read much here about them.

The Lampizator Pacific and AC Kassandra II are normally ranked in the top echelon of DACS in other media.

I don't have any personal experience but from what I've read and heard from several audio people, the Lampizator is awesome. I was even thinking about exploring that option before I got my DCS Rossini but I figured I'd have no luck finding any firsthand information here in the SE. Am I wrong? Any dealers or users around our part of the US?

- Buck

W9TR 10-23-2019 07:54 AM

Nothing but great press on the products. My question - what happens if Lukasz Fikus wins the lottery and sails off into the sunset? (I have been counseled about using the phrase “gets run over by a beer truck”) This appears on the surface to be a one man show.

For The Love of Music 10-23-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 983391)
Nothing but great press on the products. My question - what happens if Lukasz Fikus wins the lottery and sails off into the sunset? (I have been counseled about using the phrase “gets run over by a beer truck”) This appears on the surface to be a one man show.

That to me is always of concern

Still-One 10-23-2019 02:30 PM

I have heard a couple of versions of the Lampi during in store demo and at a show. Not enough exposure to make a definitive call but from what I have heard it wouldn't be on my short list.

CGabriel 10-23-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 983342)

I have it and use it as a reference. I had the Golden Gate before it which is also excellent. Of course, it is dependent upon which tubes you use in it. So if tubes don’t scare you, you are good to go. I have owned or borrowed some of the best DACs available and its performance is definitely in the top tier. I have not personally heard the Kassandra but based on what I hear from people I trust, it too would be a top performer. Both are exotic products from small companies. So if that bothers you, stick to the big names. You didn’t ask but I will just add that the Totaldac is worth hearing also.

crwilli 10-23-2019 09:43 PM

Experience?

Thank you Caelin.