AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Aurender N100H Experience (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40289)

1KW 08-19-2017 07:44 AM

Aurender N100H Experience

I waited several months to post this as I wanted the "honey moon" period of buying new components to wear off . Since installing the N100H/D1100 and upgrading my cables, my vinyl has been collecting dust. I really can say that digital via this combination equals and sometimes is better than my analog set up. Another consideration is that it used to be that digital music i.e. CD and SACD was more expensive than vinyl. Not anymore, vinyl records purchased new are sometimes in the hundreds for box sets and many are being reproduced starting with a high resolution digital 24/196 file . It does not make sense to me to buy records made from digital files when you can just use the digital file direct for a fraction of the cost. I will probably keep my vinyl for awhile when the nostalgia hits me... but I can see getting rid of my vinyl and turntable and not missing them. I am listening to the free DSD download from OPPO now and even the DSD64 sounds superb. Some of the DSD 128 files I have heard have been some of the most realistic sounding performances.

Blueoak 08-19-2017 08:14 AM

Welcome to the digital pre-amp and source world.

1KW 08-19-2017 08:15 AM

I'm using the C2300 as my pre amp :D

jdandy 08-19-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 862654)
I waited several months to post this as I wanted the "honey moon" period of buying new components to wear off . Since installing the N100H/D1100 and upgrading my cables, my vinyl has been collecting dust. I really can say that digital via this combination equals and sometimes is better than my analog set up. Another consideration is that it used to be that digital music i.e. CD and SACD was more expensive than vinyl. Not anymore, vinyl records purchased new are sometimes in the hundreds for box sets and many are being reproduced starting with a high resolution digital 24/196 file . It does not make sense to me to buy records made from digital files when you can just use the digital file direct for a fraction of the cost. I will probably keep my vinyl for awhile when the nostalgia hits me... but I can see getting rid of my vinyl and turntable and not missing them. I am listening to the free DSD download from OPPO now and even the DSD64 sounds superb. Some of the DSD 128 files I have heard have been some of the most realistic sounding performances.

David.......It is good to hear you are enjoying the Aurender N100H. It is a very good music server. I understand what you are saying about interrupting vinyl playback. I haven't placed an LP on the studio turntable in months. Whether I use them often or sparingly, I cannot see myself parting with my turntables. Like the reel to reel tape machines, I just enjoy seeing them even if I am not using them at the moment.

The N100H is sweet.

http://www.3kshop.vn/Data/Sites/1/me...100-spec-2.jpg

krustycat 08-19-2017 06:50 PM

Aurender N100H Experience

Reading these comments, allow me to stay put not needing to invest on a vinyl rig, as I have never had a collection to begin with and have recently been very happy with the sound reproduction of my system.

I don't have an Aurender unit, but have bought something pretty similar to the silenzio unit, a CAPS version 4 that had at the moment the most advanced hardware to reproduce music very well in my opinion.

I've noticed that my current system extracts and reproduces music of CD's that 20-30 years ago I thought didn't sound good, but now understand it was my system and not the cd.

jdandy 08-19-2017 07:25 PM

Mike.......You should try to audition the Aurender music servers, either N100H or the N10. You have an amazing sound system that deserves the best source components. It won't take you long to part ways with the CAPS computer rig. The simplicity of setup, the mature and intuitive Conductor App, the reliability of a streamlined Linux operating system, and support from an established company with an engineering and technical support team readily available, plus the astonishing performance and sound of the Aurender caching music servers keeps these components at the top of many audiophiles wish list. Do yourself a favor and find an Aurender dealer. I am confident you will be astonished.

krustycat 08-19-2017 08:16 PM

Thank you Dan, I will definitely audition one from a local dealer, when I have the opportunity.

1KW 11-12-2017 09:53 PM

I used to love searching for new vinyl then come home, clean the records and play them. Tidal is so convenient and inexpensive that I stopped buying new music. At first I thought since the weather was nice who wants to sit in my room in the basement and listen to music. However today was a cold Sunday, I did'nt need to be anywhere in particular and went down to listen. I turned everything on, grabbed my iPad and had a hard time trying to figure out what to listen to. I would pick a album or playlist from Tidal and could not get into it, I have lost the interest I once had. Not sure why ? This happen to anyone else ? Maybe I need some suggestions of new music to listen to ?

Masterlu 11-12-2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 879337)
The N100H - D1100 combination has taken all the wind out of my sail for listening to music, not just vinyl listening for months now. I used to love searching for new vinyl then come home, clean the records and play them. Tidal is so convenient and inexpensive that I stopped buying new music. At first I thought since the weather was nice who wants to sit in my room in the basement and listen to music. However today was a cold Sunday, I did'nt need to be anywhere in particular and went down to listen. I turned everything on, grabbed my iPad and had a hard time trying to figure out what to listen to. I would pick a album or playlist from Tidal and could not get into it, I have lost the interest I once had. Not sure why ? This happen to anyone else ? Maybe I need some suggestions of new music to listen to ?

Your gear is all old, and outdated. Everything needs to be replaced! :roflmao:

:D

1KW 11-12-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 879340)
Your gear is all old, and outdated. Everything needs to be replaced! :roflmao:

:D

:thumbsup: I know right :D I need new "Schiit"