AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Fine Art & Collectibles (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Need your opinion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=38451)

PHC1 01-28-2017 01:22 PM

Need your opinion

Wanted to consult with the collector members on AA about this $2 bills collection offered from Bradford Exchange. Not a huge investment and I am a sucker for all things collectible although most of the time I tend to control myself. :D This caught my eye as a something that would be nice to have a full collection of. Not sure of future collectibility potential though? Waste of money? (although would bring pleasure having a full set :D ). Your thoughts? They have a "statehood" and "national park collection". Limited to 5,000 sets.

http://www.bradfordexchange.com/prod...ollection.html

jdandy 01-28-2017 01:44 PM

Serge.......Lets see if I have this right. They are selling $2 bills for $25 with a little art work and a state name printed on them. That's $1250 for $100 dollars worth of $2 bills when you buy all 50 states.

Hmm, let me think.......:thought: . . . . . . .:icon_thumbsdown:

PHC1 01-28-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 829007)
Serge.......Lets see if I have this right. They are selling $2 bills for $25 with a little art work and a state name printed on them. That's $1250 for $100 dollars worth of $2 bills when you buy all 50 states.

Dan, I see their marketing effort had much less impact on you than it had on me! :D

But these $2 Bills are extra special! The obverse of each still features the traditional portrait of President Thomas Jefferson, but it also makes a perfect "canvas" for exclusive, vividly-colored montage artwork customized for each state. You'll enjoy glimpses of each state's most fascinating sights, symbols, and stunning natural beauty; adding to the effect, the custom artwork also includes imagery inspired by the collector-favorite State Quarters. The reverse of each statehood bill features the famous depiction of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Your bills arrive in crisp Uncirculated Condition, preserved in crystal-clear sealed holders. A FREE Custom Deluxe Display Box is included with your collection, and boasts a rich mahogany finish and a silvery title plaque to handsomely showcase your bills for years to come. Very strong demand is expected for this must-own $2 Statehood Bill collection, so don't wait. Order now!

Mikado463 01-28-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 829007)

LOL........sounds about as good as a lot of the 'audio equipment' investments made around here !

On a serious note I'd think that type of investment is for ones own 'collectable interests' , nothing more.

Masterlu 01-28-2017 04:15 PM

Gold ounces here. :yes:

PHC1 01-28-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 829051)

Do you mean "metric ton" Sir? :D

Masterlu 01-28-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 829071)
Do you mean "metric ton" Sir? :D

Ha... I have a few; hundred.

Formerly YB-2 02-10-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 829051)

Paid $305/ea for my 1996 Maple Leafs.

Unless we have some incredible inflation, those $2 bills at the bank for $100 are a whole better an investment(?) than the $1500 (don't forget the shipping) you are looking at. As art, only you can decide what they are worth to you.

MaryAbrams 01-13-2018 06:13 AM

I'm also interested in this, thanks for the information!

Audioraven 01-14-2018 06:30 PM

That custom artwork destroys any numismatic collector value those bills will ever have. They will always be only worth face value from a coin collector's perspective.