AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Audio Racks & Furniture (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Timbernation…Quality and Impressions? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=25414)

JWJW 02-18-2014 06:51 AM

Timbernation…Quality and Impressions?

Has anyone purchased from them? Your impressions of quality please. I had them quote on a custom tv/audio stand for my living room. The price they quoted was very reasonable - just curious how that translates into quality.
Any input please!
Thx :thumbsup:

Masterlu 02-18-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWJW (Post 582005)
Has anyone purchased from them? Your impressions of quality please. I had them quote on a custom tv/audio stand for my living room. The price they quoted was very reasonable - just curious how that translates into quality.
Any input please!
Thx :thumbsup:

I have dealt with them before with positive results; although I have read elsewhere that he has been slow on communication.

gshepardbuster 02-27-2014 06:56 AM

They built me a beautiful rock solid rack about a year ago. Very well built with tight tolerances in which even before installing the fasteners the rack is very solid. I had them use a custom stain to match my speakers and am very pleased. It's best to call Chris @ Timbernation by the phone listed on his ads.

audioguy3107 05-07-2014 04:45 PM

I'm pretty excited....I've read some good feedback on the Timbernation racks. I spoke to Chris several times yesterday on the phone. He was very nice and answered all my questions. He's going to be doing a 3 shelf maple rack stained a dark walnut color to match our built in bookcases. Can't wait to receive it, I'll post some pictures when I get it all set and filled up.

thxthx 09-04-2017 03:44 AM

I didn't have such a good experience.

I got my platforms last week which ended up being two blocks of wood. Nothing special about them and minimal lacquer. One of them is even nice and sticky. They didn't even come with the brass cones so now I need to source and install them myself. Initially the wait was 2 weeks, then 3 weeks, then 4 weeks, then 5.

Communication with this guy doesn't exist. You only get a couple of words per email; I think on one occasion I got an actual full sentence. I asked about my cones... never got a reply so looks like he's wiped his hands.

Feel really ripped off! $500 for two blocks of wood... Furious!

Garytn 09-04-2017 08:22 AM

I have a 3 shelf, 18"x48" rack. It is very nice. Heavy. The maple shelves are 2" thick. Assembly is easy if you are minimally handy. I got mine with the brass cones.

I'm happy with the quality. It took them longer than they originally said, so if meeting time estimates a priority for you, be prepared.

Based on my experience I would recommend them. It's much more a "furniture" piece than many racks. To help with isolation, my pre, DAC, and power supply are on Stillpoints.

Mamrak1 09-08-2017 03:42 PM

I have owned a Timbernation four shelf stand for maybe twelve years now. It's built to survive a bomb blast. I know there was a period where quality control was an issue. I'm sorry for those who weren't so lucky on buying his products.