AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Krell (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Straga-Gee: Is Krell Out of Business? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42421)

1KW 03-10-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bar81 (Post 904799)
So Krells is hiring comedians as spokespeople. I started laughing midway through reading the "statement". There's only two ways to read her statement: Krells is broke and is on a cash basis with suppliers and thus doesn't have parts to repair units or Krell gear is made so poorly that they break down often and need repair. Neither puts Krell in a good light. Where there's smoke there almost always is fire. The ship be sinkin'

With all do respect there are a lot of assumptions your making . I’m a Mcintosh guy not Krell but it is better when you don’t know something and none of us really do don’t make stuff up.

Bar81 03-10-2018 07:11 AM

With all due respect, learn to read corporate speak.

ylee 03-10-2018 10:36 AM

Rondi talks about things not being perfect and things being fine after the storm is over. For her to use these words indicates at the very least they are in serious trouble. Krell was almost the "it" brand in the 90s in the audiophile community. I never would have fathomed they'd be in this state today. But when the founder who drove the design excellence and was the face of the company leaves, there were bound to be struggles. The new D'Agostino company is Krell's heir-apparent.

W9TR 03-10-2018 11:12 AM

This thread describing key departures and new beginnings just underscores my belief that the foundation of every company is the people that come together to make it what it is.

PHC1 03-10-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 904846)
This thread describing key departures and new beginnings just underscores my belief that the foundation of every company is the people that come together to make it what it is.

Always was and always will be.

W9TR 03-10-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 904871)
Always was and always will be.

Which means that Krell is.....

PHC1 03-10-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 904877)
Which means that Krell is.....

I don’t want to speculate Tom. I continue to receive their newsletter in the email with regular frequency. The holiday special mentioned 40% off discounts on trade in towards new models and 25% off refurbishing services. That doesn’t tell me anything about their financial state though. It’s been a long time since I’ve purchased any Krell gear and I certainly don’t have any future plans of adding any Krell gear. I hope they stay in business, it’s always sad to see the names we have been accustomed to seeing over the decades of being in this hobby disappear.

W9TR 03-10-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

I hope they stay in business, it’s always sad to see the names we have been accustomed to seeing over the decades of being in this hobby disappear.
Agreed! I wish them well.

Forte 4A 03-11-2018 10:15 AM

I still have a Krell Showcase Processor that I purchased used 10 years ago. Never a problem and have no desire to change. Use it strictly for movies. Looking at all the modern AVR's and processors and all the problems they have I'll take my Krell. They were built to last.

godwinaj 03-11-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 904846)

People, products, and process. That's basically what makes a business.

It's especially hard with company who's driven by a single person.