AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Hometown Section (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Double AA'r visit yesterday! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41238)

Masterlu 11-19-2017 03:08 PM

Double AA'r visit yesterday!

Yesterday was a great day, as I had two AA'rs visit me in Cape Cod.

docmd2010 aka Aditya and Robc33 aka Rob

Aditya flew in from Ohio, and Rob drove here from Rhode Island. We spent the day listening to my different systems, and even did a Theater Demo, spun some vinyl, and had lunch.

I will let both Gents chime in and share their visit here. Thank you both for taking the time and effort to visit me! :tiphat:

I had a great time, and you are always welcome back anytime at all. :hswhome:

Robc33 11-19-2017 04:18 PM

My deepest gratitude for the opportunity to witness Ivanland North with my own eyes, and ears. It is truly a spectacle of sight and sound. I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. All the kind words spoken about our gracious host are true in spades.
One of his systems is comprised of the same amps, and speakers that I have. I have been struggling to get mine dialed in properly, and have considered selling my speakers. After hearing the Ivanized version, I know what the gear is capable of, and will be holding on to mine tightly until I get them dialed in. Ivan hooked me up with some Stillpoints for my pre-amp, and amps to start me on the journey. I look forward to improving my system with his help and expert guidance. He genuinely cares that we get the best level of enjoyment out of whatever type system we might have. Thank you very much Ivan! You are a true gentleman.
Rob

docmd2010 11-19-2017 04:56 PM

Double AA'r visit yesterday!

1 Attachment(s)
Ivan

It was a true pleasure to meet you and your wonderful family yesterday.

You were such a kind host. It was very nice of you to take me out of to lunch as well!

I enjoyed hearing your different systems. They are built with extreme, almost unhuman, attention to detail.

The things that impressed me most, in no specific order:

1. Your reference Aida system, some of the best sound I have heard.
2. Those Canton speakers upstairs. For sub-20k speakers those are quite spectacular.
3. The goldfinger statement cart. Simply wow. I haven’t heard analogue like that. Ever.
4. The backroom of your theater. Holy eff. The wiring in that room is jaw dropping. And so extremely organized. Ivan you should post some pictures of the back of your mcwall so people can appreciate it.

Thanks once again!

Here’s a picture of Ivan in the back room!!

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...9&d=1511124970

Attachment 52709

Antonmb 11-19-2017 08:41 PM

Sounds like a great visit. Ivan, that wall of cables is awesome - you should pack a bag of cable ties and go on the road to help us mere mortals get our cables organized:banana:

mtroo 11-19-2017 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robc33 (Post 880840)
My deepest gratitude for the opportunity to witness Ivanland North with my own eyes, and ears. It is truly a spectacle of sight and sound. I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. All the kind words spoken about our gracious host are true in spades.
One of his systems is comprised of the same amps, and speakers that I have. I have been struggling to get mine dialed in properly, and have considered selling my speakers. After hearing the Ivanized version, I know what the gear is capable of, and will be holding on to mine tightly until I get them dialed in. Ivan hooked me up with some Stillpoints for my pre-amp, and amps to start me on the journey. I look forward to improving my system with his help and expert guidance. He genuinely cares that we get the best level of enjoyment out of whatever type system we might have. Thank you very much Ivan! You are a true gentleman.
Rob

Rob,
Any thoughts on what you need to do “different”? Is your stand up to the task given your amazing speakers and the rest of your system? I do believe that vibration needs to be aggressively managed.

joey_v 11-20-2017 09:37 AM

Looks like a fun getogether guys!

I'm always impressed by the cabling in that "room"... yowza

mtroo 11-20-2017 09:51 AM

Notice the acoustic panels on the left hand wall. That man knows how to pay attention to detail, as if the cable management did not give that away.

EfeTe 11-20-2017 10:18 AM

What a soiree. Compliments gents you must have had a phenomenal time!

Robc33 11-20-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtroo (Post 880916)
Rob,
Any thoughts on what you need to do “different”? Is your stand up to the task given your amazing speakers and the rest of your system? I do believe that vibration needs to be aggressively managed.

Tim, my first thoughts are speaker placement, and room treatments. I have tried to get this right on my own for about a year now. I have finally given in, and I'm flying someone out from Denver in a couple of weeks to help with that.
I have concentrated on getting the best equipment I could afford, figuring that was the best way to start. Seeing that just 3 years ago, I had a Yamaha surround sound receiver that didn't even have HDMI, and I was using Radio shack speaker wires, I was very skeptical about high priced cables, vibration devices, etc.
Now that I have gear that will allow one to hear the differences in such devices, I am coming around.
To answer your question, I don't know about my racks. They were very inexpensive. I am waiting to find where my speakers are going to be placed when set up properly, as I am planning on taking my 2301s out of the racks, and placing them close to the speakers on the floor, on some decent amp stands, with some upgraded speaker cable. Hopefully in a 4-5 foot run.
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Stillpoint Ultra SSs from Ivan, for placement under the amps, and hope that I hear enough of a difference for me to justify investing in some good stands. I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestion you might have.

SL1800 11-20-2017 11:56 AM

From that pic I was most impressed with the mini-split to keep the gear cool.