AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aurender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Aurender N10 and power cords (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46444)

RLF 08-15-2019 08:52 PM

Aurender N10 and power cords

I have owned an N10 for a few years now. Up until today I was using an old Synergistic Research Element Tungsten power cord with it. When I bought my N10, my dealer lent me several power cords to try with it, but I honestly didn’t hear much difference among them at that time. Since I bought my Aurender, my system has evolved quite a bit. Today I tried a Shunyata Alpha NR power cord with it. So far it seems to have a positive effect on my N10, but more listening time will have to be done to see if upgrading power cords to my Aurender is worth the cost. Since the Shunyata Alpha is destined for a system in a vacation home along with a Denali power conditioner, it will have to go.

Just curious if any of you other N10 users found that different power cords have a major effect on the N10’s sound or other Aurender models for that matter?

GreginNH1 08-16-2019 07:29 PM

Now you have me thinking. I’ll do some experimenting with mine and report back. Always had WW Silver Electra since Day One. I'll try some of my more expensive power cords.

jdandy 08-16-2019 07:40 PM

Bob.......I never installed the stock power cables on my Aurender N100H or my Aurender N10. They were plugged into Wireworld Silver Electra power cables directly out of their boxes.

j3brow 08-16-2019 07:46 PM

Shunyata Alpha HC power cord on my Aurender N10 since day 1.

salamander 08-16-2019 09:08 PM

Wireworld Silver Electra power cord on my N10 since day 1.

imprezap2 08-17-2019 04:40 AM

Ansuz powercord 2mtr C1, replaced a NBS Active II and was a nice upgrade, deeper fuller bass and noticible increased resolution.

Have to say I already had the Ansuz 8 D2 power distribution block, together with ansuz powercords it improves the earthing path and makes my system more quiet.

Also tried other Ansuz power cord, higher up their range, good results, but getting into a price range I can afford but will never pay for a powercord.

Audiophilehi 08-17-2019 09:37 AM

Wireworld Silver Electra power cord on my N100H since day 1.

RLF 08-17-2019 05:42 PM

Thanks for all the replies. Most appreciated.

Since day one of owning my N10, I had been using the Synergistic Research power cord up until now. Since I’m on a roll with Shunyata now with the recent purchase of two Denali v2 power conditioners (stunning in both my stereo and AV systems), I e-mailed Grant of Shunyata about what his suggestion would be and if their $1500 Alpha NR would be the best choice. Surprisingly, Grant recommended a Venom V14 Digital power cord which lists for only $200. Here is what he said about it:

“I too own the N10. My suggestion would be to purchase or evaluate a Venom Digital NR power cord. This has an added level of filtration called Common Mode Noise filtering. It works by further cancelling digital-signal generated noise. Given that the N10 does not depend on peak-current, the Venom Digital is likely the best performance power cord for all digital signal output electronics with the only exception being the DAC, which outputs an analog signal and is dependent on peak-current. The Venom Digital NR is only $200 and will out-perform any competitors power cord regardless of price on any digital-signal source--NAS, Server, Streamer, Transport, Clock etc.” BTW, Grant told me that he owns an Aurender N10 too.

In light of what he said, I am ordering one of these Venom power cords for my N10 and PS Audio SACD Transport. I’ll post my impressions once I get them.

medward0 08-19-2019 12:51 PM

I've got a Sigma Digital PC on my N10. And I've got an Alpha Digital on my X100XL.

Happy with the sound from my players, but it sounds like I could have spent a lot less money.

Puma Cat 08-19-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLF (Post 976525)
Thanks for all the replies. Most appreciated.

Since day one of owning my N10, I had been using the Synergistic Research power cord up until now. Since I’m on a roll with Shunyata now with the recent purchase of two Denali v2 power conditioners (stunning in both my stereo and AV systems), I e-mailed Grant of Shunyata about what his suggestion would be and if their $1500 Alpha NR would be the best choice. Surprisingly, Grant recommended a Venom V14 Digital power cord which lists for only $200. Here is what he said about it:

“I too own the N10. My suggestion would be to purchase or evaluate a Venom Digital NR power cord. This has an added level of filtration called Common Mode Noise filtering. It works by further cancelling digital-signal generated noise. Given that the N10 does not depend on peak-current, the Venom Digital is likely the best performance power cord for all digital signal output electronics with the only exception being the DAC, which outputs an analog signal and is dependent on peak-current. The Venom Digital NR is only $200 and will out-perform any competitors power cord regardless of price on any digital-signal source--NAS, Server, Streamer, Transport, Clock etc.” BTW, Grant told me that he owns an Aurender N10 too.

In light of what he said, I am ordering one of these Venom power cords for my N10 and PS Audio SACD Transport. I’ll post my impressions once I get them.

Yes, this is what I would have recommended as well. You don't need a high-current power cord for low-current devices like the Aurender, streamers or network bridges. They are also great for the power suppliies for similar devices that use external "power bricks" or power supplies. I would also use them for powering routers, cable modems and Ethernet switches or fiber media convertors. And the specialized form of noise suppression that the Venom 14 Digital has brings specific advantages for these types of devices.

I have three Venom 14 Digital power cords in my system: powering the Mac Mini which serves as a Roon Core, one powering my Keces P3 linear power supply that powers my SOtM UltraNeo network bridge, and one powering the transformer brick that powers my Sonore OpticalModule fiber media convertor. They work very well for exactly the applications that Grant has described. They also work great on HDTVs, Blu-Ray disc players, Apple TVs, etc for video. The benefits they bring are quite visible.