AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Esoteric Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   K-01 w/ Mac Computer Music Server (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=27137)

Skinzy 06-14-2014 12:22 PM

K-01 w/ Mac Computer Music Server

I am considering purchasing the Esoteric K-01. I would like to use it with my Mac as a high res music server and control from my iPad. I know their proprietary driver/player will not do this. Will a third party app like Pure Music 2 work with this player? Thanks for any info.

2fastdriving 06-14-2014 07:35 PM

I use Audirvana. Any player for the Mac will work with your K-01. If it integrates with Itunes, you can use the free "Remote" app on your iPad. If you use JRiver, you can use JRemote on your iPad.

It will work fine. I use the "Esoteric USB HS ASYNC AUDIO" driver.

Skinzy 06-14-2014 08:33 PM

Thanks Marc!

PlanarSpeakerFan 06-14-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 615428)
I use Audirvana. Any player for the Mac will work with your K-01. If it integrates with Itunes, you can use the free "Remote" app on your iPad. If you use JRiver, you can use JRemote on your iPad.

It will work fine. I use the "Esoteric USB HS ASYNC AUDIO" driver.

+1 :thumbsup:

jerry1404 06-14-2014 10:19 PM

I'm using my Mac server with Pure Music 2 thru the K1 dacs controlled by my ipad and it works fine and sounds excellent!

Masterlu 06-14-2014 10:22 PM

Scott... Your Subscription banner looks great; another JRiver fan here!

kfr01 06-15-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinzy (Post 615343)
I am considering purchasing the Esoteric K-01. I would like to use it with my Mac as a high res music server and control from my iPad. I know their proprietary driver/player will not do this. Will a third party app like Pure Music 2 work with this player? Thanks for any info.

I think the current generation of Esoteric got the USB right. I don't have your K-01, but the D-07X worked flawlessly straight away on my Mac Mini + either Pure Music or Audirvana. [I landed with Audirvana]

Skinzy 06-16-2014 02:37 PM

Hey Karl or Jerry, Do you have a monitor connected to your Mac mini or is it just pre loaded with files and left on then controlled by an iPad? Would love to not have a monitor near my equipment cabinet. I’m thinking the Mac mini with OS X Server could do this but have never set up a server. Thanks for any info!

2fastdriving 06-16-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinzy (Post 615930)
Hey Karl or Jerry, Do you have a monitor connected to your Mac mini or is it just pre loaded with files and left on then controlled by an iPad? Would love to not have a monitor near my equipment cabinet. I’m thinking the Mac mini with OS X Server could do this but have never set up a server. Thanks for any info!

You can use a mac laptop to access it using the Finder "share screen" functionality. Or, you can use TeamViewer or SplashTop applications to access from your iPad or Windows machine.:thumbsup:

PlanarSpeakerFan 06-17-2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinzy (Post 615930)

Hi Skinzy,

I have the Mac Mini OSX Server with 2TB of internal memory. On top of my Salamander stereo cabinet sits an HDMI monitor, wireless keyboard and trackpad. The setup works great. In addition, you can get the App that enables you to access ITunes from your IPad or IPhone. That way you can control ITunes without leaving your chair.

Best,
Ken