AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Headphones, Personal Listening Gear (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Woo Audio WA6 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42205)

PHC1 02-15-2018 08:22 PM

Woo Audio WA6

Well, after waiting almost 2 months, the Woo Audio WA6 finally showed up. :D

Have to say, it is a great tube headphone amp for the money. :music:

Quality build throughout, looks great.

I ordered the optional Sophia Princess rectifier tube and the optional 13EM7 tubes and adapters. The stock tubes are always included with Woo amps as well.

Sounds terrific out of the box but they do take some time to break in. I'll post some updates as I get some more listening time on it.

Pairing this with the Sennheiser HD600 and ZMF Auteur for some late night desktop listening.

:music:

PHC1 02-15-2018 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:music:

Audiophilehi 02-15-2018 09:20 PM

Very nice Serge. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’ve always wanted to pull the trigger on a Woo headphone amp. Maybe some day. :smoking:

Antonmb 02-15-2018 09:29 PM

I think you’ll like the end result. I’ve had mine with the Princess for several years now and still enjoy it with the Sean 800s.

PHC1 02-15-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 899731)
Very nice Serge. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’ve always wanted to pull the trigger on a Woo headphone amp. Maybe some day. :smoking:

The WA6 is not too bad $$$ wise! :thumbsup: Go for it or if you think you would rather step up to a bigger and better Woo amp then wait for that and don't settle. I have to say the WA6 is great for what I envisioned would be my "desktop" tube amp.

PHC1 02-15-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 899734)
I think you’ll like the end result. I’ve had mine with the Princess for several years now and still enjoy it with the Sean 800s.

I can see that pairing going very well together. :music:

Mikado463 02-15-2018 09:50 PM

I'm 'Woo-Wooing' right along with you Serge, for I've had the same amp since last fall and like you couldn't be happier. I haven't tried any tube rolling yet ........ we'll see.

PHC1 02-15-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 899742)
I'm 'Woo-Wooing' right along with you Serge, for I've had the same amp since last fall and like you couldn't be happier. I haven't tried any tube rolling yet ........ we'll see.

Nice! :thumbsup::music: Not too many choices with the 13EM7 or the stock driver tubes from what I understand, although there are some alternatives for the rectifier tubes and not so inexpensive ones! I actually went with the WA6 not to be tempted by the gazillion tubes out there since that rollercoaster never ends. :D Woo-Wooooooo!

greekgod 02-17-2018 06:55 AM

I am a huge fan of Woo Audio especially the WA6-SE. I have heard all of their amps except their most newly released. I did an A/B comparison between the WA6 and WA6-SE and the difference is not subtle at all. It is HUGE. I highly recommend upgrading. Your mind will be blown away by the diffence. Out of curiosity, how does your Woo Audio compare to your Primaluna?

PHC1 02-17-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greekgod (Post 900022)
I am a huge fan of Woo Audio especially the WA6-SE. I have heard all of their amps except their most newly released. I did an A/B comparison between the WA6 and WA6-SE and the difference is not subtle at all. It is HUGE. I highly recommend upgrading. Your mind will be blown away by the diffence. Out of curiosity, how does your Woo Audio compare to your Primaluna?

PrimaLuna is an absolute beast when it comes to tone color and saturation and throwing a soundstage that extends beyond any other amp I have heard in width, depth and image specificity/focus. All those EL34's running in Triode Mode and one resistor in the path of the tubes and your cans will do that. :D Pure Tube Magic.

The WA6 is plenty great, no itch to upgrade here and this is my desktop amp so no room for a 2 chassis amp. I have the PrimaLuna for that purpose.