AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Inspire by Dennis Had (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Dennis Had Inspire Amps (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=24170)

x3workshop 07-24-2016 02:54 PM

Just wanted to share my experience with my 1 month old LP-27a.

Although I love my Inspire KT88 SET HO amp, I really think that the LP-27a is, hands down, the most amazing piece of gear that I own.

I have since used it with a quad of MC30's to amazing biamp effect with my Rega R7's as well as with a pair of MC240's running as monoblocs driving a pair of ML ESL's.

This little preamp performs better than my Mac C46 and Bryston BP25 in clarity, dynamics, and imaging. I know the DACT has a good deal of influence, but the design itself is what makes this little guy shine.

A tip of the hat to Dennis for this one.

CoGT3 07-24-2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analog Addict (Post 792670)
Dennis sent me pix of the new amp he just finished. In his words......

Have a look at 20 watts per channel SEP

Parellel KT-77’s or KT-88’s or KT-150’s

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...psyercav4y.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...pst1f7jnqe.jpg

Color me confused, but doesn't the Ebay ad say this is tube rectified? If so, where is the rectifier tube, inside the chassis?

Musica Amantem 07-24-2016 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x3workshop (Post 793895)

Although I love my Inspire KT88 SET HO amp, I really think that the LP-27a is, hands down, the most amazing piece of gear that I own.

I have since used it with a quad of MC30's to amazing biamp effect with my Rega R7's as well as with a pair of MC240's running as monoblocs driving a pair of ML ESL's.

This little preamp performs better than my Mac C46 and Bryston BP25 in clarity, dynamics, and imaging. I know the DACT has a good deal of influence, but the design itself is what makes this little guy shine.

I share the exact same feeling of satisfaction with both units (DACT in both of them) with so much engineered synergy stemming from devices made by the same great designer.

Analog Addict 07-24-2016 10:35 PM

Well I'm stumped...

I have been trying to figger out how to send private messages or otherwise get in contact with the individuals who expressed interest in the Inspire OB speakers. So far no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

x3workshop 07-25-2016 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analog Addict (Post 793982)
I have been trying to figger out how to send private messages or otherwise get in contact with the individuals who expressed interest in the Inspire OB speakers. So far no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I think perhaps you need to be a subscriber to send a PM.

FloridaBoy 07-25-2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timeout59 (Post 793843)
That's my understanding also, the Heritage speakers are all great with tubes. I heard a friend's stock LaScalas with 8 watt tube amps around ten years ago. I don't remember exactly how they sounded, but it impressed me enough that I immediately started using tube amps with the Coincident Technology speakers I had.

There are some really cool and beautiful modified Heresy's on the bay from seller 509dcb ending in about 13 hours. Beyond my budget, but only a two hour drive to pick them up - very tempting.

Horn loaded speakers have dynamics in spades. *I* don't feel the need for a subwoofer with the H III's. If you are going to use subwoofers a nice clean pair of any model Heresy would be fine.

BTW, the La Scalas my buddy has have mods from Volti Audio.

FloridaBoy 07-25-2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoGT3 (Post 793966)
Color me confused, but doesn't the Ebay ad say this is tube rectified? If so, where is the rectifier tube, inside the chassis?

Sound like copy error in the ad. SS rectification, done right, will give better bass.

FloridaBoy 07-25-2016 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x3workshop (Post 793895)

The LP27a is a great unit. I bought my amp last July and as soon as I saw the LP27a I ordered one. Together they just make :music: These two pieces will be with me permanently.

guitardave 07-25-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaBoy (Post 794045)
Sound like copy error in the ad. SS rectification, done right, will give better bass.

I have a PSE coming this week. I have seen pictures, and it is tube rectified. It was born, I mean signed, on Saturday... Should have it this week!

BearCityUSA 07-25-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoGT3 (Post 793966)

If I am not mistaken this PSE amp in these photos is Dennis prototype. I have been curious about the rect in this one as well. I do know that the one for Guitar and one other are tube rectified and are spoken for. I have seen picts. Not sue about your comment about ebay because I also know that these PSE amps have not made it near ebay yet. Dennis has 4 more chassis coming. Get em while they are hot. I doubt these will show up on ebay either.