AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Speaker Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Incoming..!!! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42505)

jzzmusician 03-19-2018 03:21 PM

Incoming..!!!

1 Attachment(s)
At long last I can post one of these threads.

I've been a member for close to a year and have learned a boat load about our addictive hobby. I'm a music lover first, a musician second and an audiophile only because most of the reproduced music I hear, well, it sucks.

I'm continually blown away by some of the systems here, one day I'd really like to have a listen to a true reference system.

So here's the story;

I started saving a year ago for a new set of speakers. I found this forum and have learned easily as much from reading your impressions as I have from the well respected publication. Thanks to all of you.

I've tried to build my modest system by just trying to stay near the top of the "S" curve. I simply don't have the means to aim higher. That being said, my modest little system sound great, at least to me.

A couple of months ago I placed an order for a pair of Dali Epicon 6s from Ivan. A weeks or so ago Ivan informed me that Dali wasn't happy with the last batch of cabinets and there would be a delay of another "few weeks."

Pretty much out of the blue Ivan calls and said he had arranged for a pair of Epicon 8s (the 8s for crying out loud!) to be sent to me for a modest increase in the price.

I jumped at the chance and now I can finally say... INCOMING!!!!!!!

I know it's been said before, but rarely have I come across anybody who provides the level of commitment that Ivan has given me.

The 8s will be powered by my Primaluna Dialogue HP integrated sporting KT150 tubes, PS Audio NuWave DSD dac, a Cambridge CD transport and my Macbook for streaming.

I am double pumped!!!

Pics when installed to follow.

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...3&d=1521487262

FDPDK 03-19-2018 03:24 PM

Congratulations with your new speakers , am sure you will be a happy man :)

PHC1 03-19-2018 03:29 PM

Congrats! That should be a very satisfying pairing. The Dali speakers are resolving but typically never harsh and with a great tube amp like the PrimaLuna, the results will be very enjoyable. :music:

Still-One 03-19-2018 03:34 PM

Very nice. Keep us posted.

vintage_tube 03-19-2018 03:46 PM

Awesome and very nice of Ivan to offer the upgrade at a modest price. Can't wait for the arrival/setup photos.

Best Sir,

Bob

Cohibaman 03-19-2018 03:48 PM

Incoming..!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Ivan has a way of making stuff happen.

Attachment 54526

Congrats on the new upgraded speakers!

NZ421291 03-19-2018 04:46 PM

"The 8s will be powered by my Primaluna Dialogue HP integrated sporting KT150 tubes, PS Audio NuWave DSD dac, a Cambridge CD transport and my Macbook for streaming"

Looks a highly desirable system to me- one that I would happily own!

Go Ivan, what a deal- my Uncle owns the 8's and absolutely loves them, you will not be disappointed!

audio bill 03-19-2018 04:50 PM

Wow, literally sounds like a deal you couldn't refuse! The DALI Epicon 8 speakers are indeed superb and I find particularly adept at reproducing jazz which from your moniker should be right in your wheelhouse! Hopefully your room is large enough to allow them to be positioned well away from walls and DALI recommends firing them forward with little to no toe-in. Enjoy them in the best of health and let us know your thoughts once they arrive!

cma29 03-19-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

...my modest little system sound great, at least to me.
That's all that matters. Congratulations and enjoy.

gtubes 03-19-2018 05:21 PM

Great story, excited for you, keep us up to date with how things go!