AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Esoteric Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Grandioso G1 Clock (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39102)

Tecknik1 05-02-2017 08:43 PM

Congratulations Ivan, I noticed a signal ground on the back. Did you or do you signal ground your components with the Troy or Entreq?

jdandy 05-02-2017 09:20 PM

Ivan.......What a lonely life being stuck in the corner. It's controlling time while doing time out. :roflmao:

Masterlu 05-02-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecknik1 (Post 844996)
Congratulations Ivan, I noticed a signal ground on the back. Did you or do you signal ground your components with the Troy or Entreq?

I have experimented with Entreq components, but didn't recognize any improvement worthy of keeping them.

Masterlu 05-02-2017 10:16 PM

Wow, the Grandioso G1 is just outstanding with the K1. The soundstage is uncanny with new found width, depth and realism.

More to follow, as I log some more break in time.

SCAudiophile 05-03-2017 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 845005)
I have experimented with Entreq components, but didn't recognize any improvement worthy of keeping them.

Try Granite Audio Ground Zero; not often talked about but been around for quite a few years. Simple, cost-effective and makes a real difference, particularly when used to star ground Esoteric components. Removing it a few times over the years let me know what I was missing.

Another big gain was Environmental Potentials EP-2750 Ground Filters wired in 1-per dedicated circuit right into my sub-panel.

marpa 05-21-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 845012)
Wow, the Grandioso G1 is just outstanding with the K1. The soundstage is uncanny with new found width, depth and realism.

Dear Ivan,

Can you share any more insights into the G1 performance in combination with your K1?

I am using an earlier G-0s Master Clock and a good friend is using G-0Rb with his K1 so I am now wondering about the comparative strengths of these different generations of Esoteric's master clocks and the Grandioso G1?

Any insights are greatly appreciated.

I must add that the K1's performance itself even after only 20 hours run time is astonishing.

Cheers

Chris

marpa 06-17-2017 09:03 PM

G1 + K1 performance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 845012)

Dear Ivan,

Are there any insights you can share about the performance of the K1 + G1 Master Clock combination?

Cheers

Chris

Masterlu 06-18-2017 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marpa (Post 851695)
Dear Ivan,

Are there any insights you can share about the performance of the K1 + G1 Master Clock combination?

Cheers

Chris

Chris... the K1 when used with the G1 is simply a magnificent combination. I own the following clocks; G02, G02X, G01, and G1. Each model is incrementally better than the previous version.

There is good reason why the G1 stands alone at the very top as the only Grandioso Rubidium Clock.

marpa 06-18-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 851749)
Chris... the K1 when used with the G1 is simply a magnificent combination. I own the following clocks; G02, G02X, G01, and G1. Each model is incrementally better than the previous version.

There is good reason why the G1 stands alone at the very top as the only Grandioso Rubidium Clock.

Many thanks Ivan,

I am using the Esoteric G-0s Rubidium Master Clock at the moment which although not delivering a 50 Ohm 20MHz clocking signal like the G1 does, still seems to have a very positive effect on the K1's already superb performance.

By the way, how many hours have you clocked up on your K1.
I am just wondering how long it takes to properly burn in?

Cheers,

Chris

Masterlu 06-18-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marpa (Post 851792)
Many thanks Ivan,

I am using the Esoteric G-0s Rubidium Master Clock at the moment which although not delivering a 50 Ohm 20MHz clocking signal like the G1 does, still seems to have a very positive effect on the K1's already superb performance.

By the way, how many hours have you clocked up on your K1.
I am just wondering how long it takes to properly burn in?

Cheers,

Chris

Chris... I break in all my Esoteric players with continuous play for 500 hours. After that it is pure bliss... :music: