AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aurender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Formatting Aurender Hard Drive (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46103)

Photoboy 06-23-2019 10:13 PM

Formatting Aurender Hard Drive

FYI for those of you who want to replace and format your Aurender HDDs or SDDs, here's how to do it without having to contact Aurender:

1- Press the "Song" tab in the Conductor App.
2- Type "format hdd"(all lower case) in the search field.
3- You'll get a pop-up asking you to format the empty drive.
4- Press that option and you're done.

Edit: Of course you'll have to unscrew the top lid and replace the drive as you would on a computer. You can only format on an empty clean drive.
Edit Edit: I just noticed on Aurender's website that their products are viewed as finished/permanent products and they do not advise swapping out hard drives. Doing so will void the warranty.

gadawg 06-24-2019 07:36 AM

Does that install the conductor app and get it ready to use like from the factory or do you have to have another way to install the conductor app?

George

Photoboy 06-24-2019 01:29 PM

The Conductor app is independent of the hardware. You download it from the iTunes store on to your iPad.

Audiophilehi 06-24-2019 05:44 PM

Thanks Photoboy....is there a limit on the size of the HDD?

Photoboy 06-24-2019 09:06 PM

Not sure about maximum capacity.

gadawg 06-25-2019 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoboy (Post 970052)
The Conductor app is independent of the hardware. You download it from the iTunes store on to your iPad.

Ok ... I asked the wrong question then ... does the format install the server software on the HD?

Thanks! :-)

George

Photoboy 06-25-2019 11:59 AM

I'm not sure about what the server software is, but it does set up the folders on the drive (Classic, Jazz, Local...) and you access it as you did before.

Projectman 06-26-2019 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadawg (Post 970168)
Ok ... I asked the wrong question then ... does the format install the server software on the HD?

Thanks! :-)

George

The server software resides on the SSD, not the HDD so installing a new HDD wouldn’t have an impact on the OS. I have an S10 and will try to install a 4TB drive and see what happens. I will then try a larger HDD as I need more space.

jdandy 06-26-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Projectman (Post 970343)
The server software resides on the SSD, not the HDD so installing a new HDD wouldn’t have an impact on the OS. I have an S10 and will try to install a 4TB drive and see what happens. I will then try a larger HDD as I need more space.

Projectman.......Looking forward to following this.

Audiophilehi 06-26-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 970348)
Projectman.......Looking forward to following this.

Ditto for me!:thumbsup: