AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Is the Aurieges too good for its own good? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=19796)

baddog 03-29-2013 01:55 PM

Yes welcome and I promise you that you will have a great time visiting Matt! He has a wonderful setup and a plethora of gear and tunes. All in all it makes for a great experience.

Barr

chessman 03-29-2013 01:57 PM

avta, welcome aboard! :wave:

avta 03-29-2013 02:33 PM

Yes, I'm looking forward to the visit very much and thanks for all the welcomes.

jondkaufman 03-29-2013 03:32 PM

Hey AVTA,

Welcome, and enjoy your time with Matt. My only advice is to enjoy the session and don't obsess too much (I can do that for you! ;-)
Best, Jdk

Macnbone 03-30-2013 02:01 PM

Hi AVTA,

Welcome. I echo what the others have said about Matt. He is terrific, patient and one of the nicest people on the planet. No doubt you will depart filled with joy, awe and a desire for moving up the Shindo ladder asap. Looking forward to your report. Doug

avta 03-30-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jondkaufman (Post 469351)
Hey AVTA,

Welcome, and enjoy your time with Matt. My only advice is to enjoy the session and don't obsess too much (I can do that for you! ;-)
Best, Jdk

Met with Matt and enjoyed ourselves ( my wife came along ). His showroom is more like a livingroom which not only enhances the sounds but makes the experience very pleasurable. As many of you know Matt is a very personable expert. Not an easy combination to find. We listened to some vinyl, cd's and music files. I ordered an Aurieges-L as I had planned to do. Now I'll have to be patient.

pitch perfect 04-01-2013 12:49 PM

Hey "Bplexico, JDK, AVTA, Macnbone" - thanks so much for the kind words! I appreciate it guys.

-M

guitardave 04-20-2013 04:24 PM

Looks like I will be answering my own question since I have a Monbrison arriving this Tuesday. I got a great buy on a recent model. So if my Aurieges is not "too good for its own good" I guess I will be listing it next week. Looking forward to a battle of these lil Titans!

pitch perfect 04-21-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardave (Post 481238)
Looks like I will be answering my own question since I have a Monbrison arriving this Tuesday. I got a great buy on a recent model. So if my Aurieges is not "too good for its own good" I guess I will be listing it next week. Looking forward to a battle of these lil Titans!

I could be mistaken, but didn't you once own a Masseto?

-M

guitardave 04-21-2013 01:15 PM

Yes, I did. I really don't know why, but I just didn't bond with it. Maybe a mismatch somewhere, who knows? My system is now more Shindo friendly, so I will likely try it again. Interestingly, the guy who bought my Masseto was coming from a Monbrison, and told me he preferred his Monbrison. Maybe I had some issue in my Masseto? At any rate, I have wanted to try a Monbrison in my system ever since.
All that said, I really like my Aurieges. It just clicks the right buttons for me.