AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Accuphase (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   E-600 vs.Luxman-590AXII (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44842)

modlin 01-10-2019 08:41 PM

E-600 vs.Luxman-590AXII

E-600 demo @ similar price to a new Luxman 590...which one would you go for and why?
I don't see a dedicated Luxman folder on this forum, so I hope your opinions will be objective, thanks

GreginNH1 01-10-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modlin (Post 948715)
E-600 demo @ similar price to a new Luxman 590...which one would you go for and why?
I don't see a dedicated Luxman folder on this forum, so I hope your opinions will be objective, thanks

It would be a toss up IMO. The Luxman has an internal phono stage while the Accuphase needs a card. The Luxman will sound a bit smoother.

They are both excellent pieces of equipment.

jesuisunutopiste 01-15-2019 03:55 PM

I compared both amps on Focal Utopia Scala Evo speakers with Cardas cabling.
I clearly preferred the sound of the Accuphase. But this is really just a question of taste, I believe.
Many people do not need or want a phone stage. With Accuphase one has the choice to add one or not.
So, the decision is mostly a question of taste, I believe (and of budget). Both are nice machines

restock 01-16-2019 02:09 AM

As E600 owner my preference is probably clear ;)

I would add two more things for consideration:
1) the phono card is extra but also offers more flexible loading for a much wider range of high end MC cartridges so truly allows one to avoid an external phono stage. The Luxman phono seems more basic and I am not sure how much it keeps up with some more high end cartridges.
2) there is the option of an excellent DAC card which makes the Accuphase integrated amps a truly integrated option. And it is upgradeable as digital technology moves forward. The Luxman requires an external DAC for a full streaming solution.

Sent from my iPhone using New Forum mobile app

jesuisunutopiste 01-16-2019 10:38 AM

all this makes Accuphase somewhat superior to the others

but your ears must decide, modlin!

simon44 03-01-2019 05:47 PM

I always wondered if Accuphase, Esoteric and Luxman were like Honda, Mazda and Toyota in a way. Different flavor of the same car?

jesuisunutopiste 03-03-2019 08:57 AM

maybe
but do not mix Marantz, Denon, i.e. Honda and Mazda etc. with Accuphase and Esoteric, i.e.: Lexus, Acura, etc.
It is clearly a Japanese sound (I also feel the same with Yamasaki and Hakushu, etc.)

terrycym 03-03-2019 10:18 AM

They are all quite separate audio companies with no connection I believe other than being Japanese.

simon44 03-03-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesuisunutopiste (Post 955770)
maybe
but do not mix Marantz, Denon, i.e. Honda and Mazda etc. with Accuphase and Esoteric, i.e.: Lexus, Acura, etc.
It is clearly a Japanese sound (I also feel the same with Yamasaki and Hakushu, etc.)

Tu as raison...

I should have perhaps said Acura, Infiniti and Lexus... My point was more about all of them doing a luxury sedan that is known for its excellence and reliability and each one has a different color and idea of it yet they pretty much all drive the same in the end.

A class A Accuphase E-650, Esoteric F-03A or Luxman L-590AXII will probably sound more alike than a PassLabs INT-30 or a Sugden IA-4 for a class A integrated.

That was my question I guess...

PHC1 03-03-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon44 (Post 955831)
Tu as raison...

I should have perhaps said Acura, Infiniti and Lexus... My point was more about all of them doing a luxury sedan that is known for its excellence and reliability and each one has a different color and idea of it yet they pretty much all drive the same in the end.

A class A Accuphase E-650, Esoteric F-03A or Luxman L-590AXII will probably sound more alike than a PassLabs INT-30 or a Sugden IA-4 for a class A integrated.

That was my question I guess...

What makes you think or suspect that?