AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Schiit (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Scathing Review and Measurements of Schiit Yggdrasil DAC (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42961)

Volks 05-17-2018 10:31 PM

Scathing Review and Measurements of Schiit Yggdrasil DAC

Interesting Review to say the least........

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/

jdandy 05-17-2018 11:08 PM

Michael.......This guy has had a beef with Schiit Audio for quite some time. As I understand it, Amir has been banned by both Jason Stoddard and Mike Moffat from posting to their threads at Head-Fi and other forums, so this person has an agenda. His scathing review, as you put it, is exactly what he wanted. You can put faith in that thread and graphs, or you can listen to one of the sweetest PCM DAC's I have ever auditioned. If you haven't heard the Yggdrasil DAC, you would be remiss to be negatively influenced by this guys thread. The proof is in the listening, not in a thread on a forum owned and operated by this character with a mission. Not a single one of his supposed findings and graphs changes the pleasure the Yggdrasil delivers in my living room system. I would venture to say many other Yggdrasil owners feel the same way, nor do I consider Robert Harley's Yggdrasil review in The Absolute Sound to be bogus reporting. Of course, this is my personal opinion so factor that into your prognosis if need be.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...yggdrasil-dac/

Volks 05-18-2018 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 915395)
Michael.......This guy has had a beef with Schiit Audio for quite some time. As I understand it, Amir has been banned by both Jason Stoddard and Mike Moffat from posting to their threads at Head-Fi and other forums, so this person has an agenda. His scathing reiew, as you put it, is exactly what he wanted. You can put faith in that thread and graphs, or you can listen to one of the sweetest PCM DAC's I have ever auditioned. If you haven't heard the Yggdrasil DAC, you would be remiss to be negatively influenced by this guys thread. The proof is in the listening, not in a thread on a forum owned and operated by this character with a mission. Not a single one of his supposed findings and graphs changes the pleasure the Yggdrasil delivers in my living room system. I would venture to say many other Yggdrasil owners feel the same way, nor do I consider Robert Harley's Yggdrasil review in The Absolute Sound to be bogus reporting. Of course, this is my personal opinion so factor that into your prognosis if need be.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...yggdrasil-dac/

Awww Indeed...........2 sides to every story.......a personal beef? So silly.......cant believe the length he went to..........anyway sounds good Dan.......Thanks for the info:thumbsup::thumbsup:

PeterMusic 05-21-2018 04:49 PM

This review is so profoundly far off the extraordinarily broad consensus on both Schiit in general and Yggy in particular, that it has to put the article, and frankly even the author, as Dan suggests, under close scrutiny for credibility. Robert Hartley may be the foremost fan, but he is joined by a slew of others--just Google for an evening's worth of raves from both pros and amateurs.

Robc33 05-21-2018 10:58 PM

This is the DAC that Jim Smith uses in his reference system. The author of "Get Better Sound". I flew down to Atlanta last summer to consult with him on my system, and to hear what his sounded like. I was skeptical when I saw this $2,300 DAC feeding some amazing equipment, but I must say that I was stunned. To this day, I have not heard a more emotionally involving system. The true pleasure that this hobby is supposed to bring cannot be measured on a graph.

nicoff 05-21-2018 11:08 PM

Don't know this equipment. But lately i have been wondering if reviewers should have their hearing checked every year and have a link to their latest hearing test results. The comments on this thread would support this thought.
This is not far fetched. Pilots are required to prove their physical abilities every year. So why not hearing tests for reviewers? [emoji848]

PHC1 05-21-2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robc33 (Post 915836)
This is the DAC that Jim Smith uses in his reference system. The author of "Get Better Sound". I flew down to Atlanta last summer to consult with him on my system, and to hear what his sounded like. I was skeptical when I saw this $2,300 DAC feeding some amazing equipment, but I must say that I was stunned. To this day, I have not heard a more emotionally involving system. The true pleasure that this hobby is supposed to bring cannot be measured on a graph.

I chuckled when I read this thread about measurements. Don't measure, just listen. The YGGY is a fantastically musical, smooth and engaging DAC at an unbelievable price.