AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   The Whole Thing Is A Fraud: High-End Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40140)

eljr 08-14-2017 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Lax (Post 861547)
So many factor go into this. I remember reading an article by XLO's founder and he said that most people think differences can only be heard on uber high end systems. He claimed that he found that the inverse to be true. ?????

If it were true at all, obviously wires would be more impact the lesser the system.

Until a wire can pass a double blind level matched ABX, it's all a mute point to me.

Still-One 08-14-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eljr (Post 861623)
If it were true at all, obviously wires would be more impact the lesser the system.

Until a wire can pass a double blind level matched ABX, it's all a mute point to me.

Double blind, the biggest waste of mans time. How is that for hyperbole?

Also the word you were trying to use is moot as in a moot point. Then again that word means debatable or up for discussion or controversial.

Masterlu 08-14-2017 08:03 AM

This topic always seems funny to me. Hearing like other senses such as sight are personal and subjective.

If I ever saw a ghost, or UFO good luck convincing me otherwise. ;)

Still-One 08-14-2017 08:32 AM

Ivan
I wonder if other fish believe the fish who are throw back into the water were really captured by "aliens" and released.

vintage_tube 08-14-2017 08:42 AM

Suggest the thread be closed -- getting nowhere as usual with this topic. Just sayin' & BTW I have seen a ghost (not on TV either; & don't wear glasses ---some would say then I need some).

Best Sirs,

Bob

eljr 08-14-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 861631)
Double blind, the biggest waste of mans time. How is that for hyperbole?

Put's me to shame.

------------

For the record, I am no zealot from the objectavist camp.

I like that generally this subject can be spoken about here, respectfully.

At many sites this just becomes tribal warfare. Especially low end sites where members often scream for vindication (for having shallow pockets) under the umbrella of science.

It's all so obvious. :nerd:

vintage_tube 08-14-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eljr (Post 861639)
I like that generally this subject can be spoken about here, respectfully.

That's because most of us didn't go to college & earned thru hard work & night classes a GED.:thumbsup:

Best Sirs,

Bob

eljr 08-14-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 861641)
That's because most of us didn't go to college & earned thru hard work & night classes a GED.:thumbsup:

Best Sirs,

Bob

Clearly there is a security, a confidence in self that comes from financial success.

I have never seen the kind of... hate frankly, toward the lower end sites that the lower end sites seem consumed with for the higher end sites.

-----------------------

Oh well, time to change the CD.

reminds me,

Last week on another site, out of nowhere, I was blind sided for buying SACD's instead of Red Book.

What are you gonna do? -------> :music:

PHC1 08-14-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 861632)
This topic always seems funny to me. Hearing like other senses such as sight are personal and subjective.

If I ever saw a ghost, or UFO good luck convincing me otherwise. ;)

Seen both. :yes:

Ghost kept knocking in one particular room and then manifested itself in a bedroom where my kids were sleeping and they both woke up and saw the same figure standing there in the middle of the room. Both were young and scared nearly to death and crying. Ghost was dressed in a black coat, a top hat and had a cane. It would have been forgotten or discounted as the kids imagination except I saw the same ghost the next summer as I was staying in that same bedroom when I visited my parents. Scared the heck out of me as I opened my eyes and then it simply vanished.

Turns out the house they bought at that time had a family grave site from the 1800's that was never disclosed to them or perhaps that fact was lost or forgotten over the years. They discovered the headstones in thick shrubbery when my father wanted to clear them out. :sigh: Not saying there is a connection but makes one wonder. :scratch2:

UFO? Seen not 1 but at least 4 different times. First one was the best. Right over my head, silver shiny disk object hovering perfectly still. No wobbles, no movement, nothing like the early sci-fi movies would have you visualize a flying saucer... It was as if it was nailed into the sky. Perfectly motionless.

Felt the "static electricity like" tingling sensation on my skin. Looked at it for at least 30 seconds before it started to become less visible and transparent until it all but vanished. Will never forget the mirror like polished metal that looked unlike anything I have ever seen. Since I was only 9 years old, I doubt there was technology back in the early 70's that could have been mistaken for anything extra-terrestrial. It was not a big object either but perhaps 10 feet across at most and was probably no more than 50 feet above me. I'll never forget that feeling. I had no idea what a UFO even was at that age as it was never talked about then. The other 3 times were no where near me but the typical group of lights in the night sky that were performing aerial maneuvers unlike any technology we have today.

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming and the High End Cable topic. :D

Masterlu 08-14-2017 04:59 PM

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-co...-all-folks.jpg