AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution and Burmester 911mk3 monos ? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=17715)

joeinid 12-06-2012 06:47 PM

Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution and Burmester 911mk3 monos ?

Sure it might be overkill, but would this be a great combo?

Anatta 12-06-2012 07:30 PM

Joe, don't you like the Dyn C1 on the 911s?

joeinid 12-06-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anatta (Post 406779)
Joe, don't you like the Dyn C1 on the 911s?

I love my 911's on the Dynaudio C1's. It looks like I might be "stuck" with the 911's for a while and wanted a different flavor to play with them. I hate the 911's on my TADs.

Anatta 12-06-2012 08:16 PM

Well, the reviews mention the GE to be a little mellow and not the most extended in the treble or the most precise, but you have the TADs for this. And that they thrive on power. So they should match very well with the 911s.

At least they match the 911s with the chromed elements.:D

6moons audio reviews: Sonus faber Guarneri Evolution

"The minor treble attenuation of the Guarneri did not portray any particular lack of detail, perhaps only a slightly less open and energetic sound that I usually get from my Triangle Magellan monitors. Here the consistency of the associated amplifier is really important also to enhance dynamic contrasts.

What then makes these extraordinary? I would answer without hesitation that they can play loud by avoiding listener fatigue even after four or five hours of recorded live music.

With the Guarneri I perceived the natural sweetness of a live event with the illusion of not being in the first row but rather about row 6 or 7 to enjoy a broader overall vision of the stage.

It truly is a kind of paradox how they can deliver such realistically dense saturated tone with such a neutral response (sensitively recessed in the treble which will suit many contemporary living-room acoustics and makes for greater realism in the first place).

The Evolution did not deliver sonic detail with the common excess brightness and forwardness but went about it in a more subtle warmer manner.

Spatially the Sonus fabers are extraordinary performers and arguably perfect for my tastes due to their particular voicing and calm treble."

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/sonusfaber2/6.png

Elberoth 12-06-2012 08:23 PM

I second Anatta opinion. This could work. At least in theory.

I have two friends with SF GE. Great speaker.

joeinid 12-06-2012 08:47 PM

Thank you. Seems like it could be the pairing I'm looking to hear. For me, the TADs and 911's are too much of a good thing.

Still-One 12-06-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeinid (Post 406822)
Thank you. Seems like it could be the pairing I'm looking to hear. For me, the TADs and 911's are too much of a good thing.

Joe
Once you are able to sell the 911's go for the TAD Mono's. That is a great pairing with the CR-1's.

joeinid 12-06-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 406826)
Joe
Once you are able to sell the 911's go for the TAD Mono's. That is a great pairing with the CR-1's.

Jim,

I'll have to check them out. I'm hoping to get the Dartzeel 18NS preamp with some of the proceeds from the sale of the 911's. After that I'll have to see what's next.

sgkho249 12-07-2012 02:59 AM

I have heard these beauty awesome speaker.

VT Skier 12-07-2012 09:06 AM

Are you trying for a different sound than your C1s? If so, SF would be great.

If you're replacing your C1s, you may want to look at the Raidho C1.1. Or the D1.1, whenever that comes out.

The small Vivid is also nice, if you can get past the aesthetics.