AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Magico (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Magico M3 vs S7? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40596)

Cincy2 05-17-2019 08:46 AM

I will confirm a previous poster's opinion that the M3's throw a smaller soundstage than the S7's. For me, this is perfect as I have a small room and the images presented by the M3's give the impression of performers standing in front of me with realistic dimensions. Don't know how I lived without them.

Cincy

marsalis 05-17-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cincy2 (Post 965091)
I will confirm a previous poster's opinion that the M3's throw a smaller soundstage than the S7's. For me, this is perfect as I have a small room and the images presented by the M3's give the impression of performers standing in front of me with realistic dimensions. Don't know how I lived without them.

Cincy

I don’t think so. Just because it is bigger, it does not mean it will throw a bigger sound stage. All the M series, due to the “no diffraction” enclosures throw a much bigger sound stage than anything out there but the MBL (and even that’s debatable).

smodtactical 05-18-2019 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsalis (Post 965106)
I don’t think so. Just because it is bigger, it does not mean it will throw a bigger sound stage. All the M series, due to the “no diffraction” enclosures throw a much bigger sound stage than anything out there but the MBL (and even that’s debatable).

What about the m2 ?

TLi 05-18-2019 06:29 AM

I used M Project before but changed to M6 for over a year.

I have heard S7 and M3 in a few occasions, such as in dealer showroom and in HiFi Show. M3 is much more refined and has higher resolution. Don’t be fouled by its relatively small cabinet size. It has a very big sound and very strong bass.

Also just heard M2 in Munich Hiend Show in two rooms. M2 is actually better than M3, it has all the advantages of M3 but has a warmer sound. The resolution is even higher. Until you have a fairly large room, such as over 800 sq ft, M2 is the speaker of choice.

Yardbird 05-20-2019 12:11 PM

TLi, thank you for your impressions. Yours is the first post I've seen anywhere that includes the M2 in its comparison. As new as it is right now, few have heard it yet. Since reading about the M2 having very different internal construction from the M3, I have wondered how the overall sound of the speakers might differ. Of course, there are so many factors that influence sound, the only way you really know is to get it home, with your system and in your room...
The audio press seems very impressed with the M2. Ted.

TLi 05-23-2019 07:49 AM

M2 uses carbon fibre monocoque cabinet, while M3 is more traditional aluminium. This is exactly the same difference for M6 and M Project.

M6 has a warmer sound and more detailed presentation than M Project. This difference goes to M2 vs M3 as well.

gds7368 08-23-2019 08:13 PM

That makes no sense ... so in terms of timeline ... they made the M Pro in aluminum, then the M6 in carbon fiber, then the M3 IN ALUMINUM, then the M2 in carbon fiber ... why would Magico do that?

kzhtoo 08-24-2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gds7368 (Post 977219)
That makes no sense ... so in terms of timeline ... they made the M Pro in aluminum, then the M6 in carbon fiber, then the M3 IN ALUMINUM, then the M2 in carbon fiber ... why would Magico do that?

M3 precedes M6.