AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Headphones, Personal Listening Gear (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Audeze LCD-3 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41624)

PHC1 12-23-2017 03:35 PM

Audeze LCD-3

To wrap up the year and my quest for that perfect headphone/amp combination, the LCD-3 arrived yesterday. I've racked up about 5 hours of listening between yesterday and today and this set of headphones is my absolute favorite so far.

Rich, vibrant, liquid midrange, smooooth treble and a nice and tight bass response that emphasizes accuracy vs quantity. In combination with the full bodied and very refined sounding Violectric V281 amp, this combo makes me grin ear to ear. Now this is a combo I am very happy with.

Amazingly the new LCD-2Classic is very close to the performance of the LCD-3 but if you are after that elusive, liquid, seductive, wet midrange and velvety smooth upper end response, the LCD-3 is the one. These cans are a thing of musical beauty. A music lover's delight. Delicious sound.

Thanks for hooking me up Ivan. :thumbsup:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....UX970_TTW_.jpg

imprezap2 12-23-2017 03:56 PM

Great headphones, enjoy

Gave me some inspiration to take my LCD-X "out of storage" and then finding out that my new amp has no headphone connection !!!!

Ah well, Chord Hugo will have to do for now, till I choose a new dedicated headphone amp.

PHC1 12-23-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imprezap2 (Post 887957)
Great headphones, enjoy

Gave me some inspiration to take my LCD-X "out of storage" and then finding out that my new amp has no headphone connection !!!!

Ah well, Chord Hugo will have to do for now, till I choose a new dedicated headphone amp.

Give the Violectric a serious consideration. :yes:

imprezap2 12-24-2017 04:57 AM

I will, thanks

greekgod 12-24-2017 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imprezap2 (Post 887957)
Great headphones, enjoy

The best headphone amp I have heard with Audeze headphones by far is their very own Audeze The King. Worth the $$$, IMO.

greekgod 12-24-2017 07:06 AM

PHC1, why did you decide to go with the LCD-3 instead of the LCD-4? Congrats on the purchase.

Jerome W 12-24-2017 07:37 AM

Congrats on the new headphones Serge ! And thanks a lot for the review. I guess I would love them.

Formerly YB-2 12-24-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 887958)
Give the Violectric a serious consideration. :yes:

Do you know where the Violectric products are made? The importer is just "up the road" from me and they have an amazing array of headphone amps to choose from.

Also, are Audeze made in the USA? Their address is in CA, but have always wondered where their production is located.

PHC1 12-24-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greekgod (Post 888097)
The best headphone amp I have heard with Audeze headphones by far is their very own Audeze The King. Worth the $$$, IMO.

Have not had the pleasure to audition the King yet. If I come across it, will definitely give it a listen. :music:

Quote:

Originally Posted by greekgod (Post 888098)
PHC1, why did you decide to go with the LCD-3 instead of the LCD-4? Congrats on the purchase.

When I auditioned the Focal Utopia vs LCD-4 for my "reference" headphone in my collection, the Utopia was my choice after a 2 hr A/B comparison. Both are outstanding so it was a very tough decision. McLaren vs Ferrari... :scratch2: Wish I could have brought both home. :yes: On well recorded material the jaw drops from the realism and the incredibly open and clean window into the recording. I use these on high resolution recordings.

I also auditioned the LCD3 on a separate occasion and instantly fell in love with the smooth and "musical" sonic signature. It's a romantic sounding set of cans and my "go to" set for favorite Jazz recordings. The saxophone and vocals are intoxicating through the LCD3. :music: It's a "music lover's" delight.

PHC1 12-24-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerome W (Post 888101)
Congrats on the new headphones Serge ! And thanks a lot for the review. I guess I would love them.

Jerome, thank you and yes, knowing your taste, the LCD3 would be the ones you are likely to enjoy very much. :music: