AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Streaming & Television Shows (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Man In The High Castle (Amazon) Season II... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37998)

SCAudiophile 12-16-2016 04:32 PM

Man In The High Castle (Amazon) Season II...

I really enjoyed Season 1 and the whole premise expanded much beyond another enjoyable (movie) favorite of many years ago, "Fatherland" starring Rutger Hauer. Man in the High Castle takes the "what if" regarding the outcome of World War II much farther and is alot more interesting...

High Castle Season II is back with its fantastic cast plus some new members and what looks to be a very good and pivotal second season;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/deta...IWIHrPE-dc_s__

-E- 12-16-2016 04:52 PM

Looking forward to cramming this - perhaps this weekend! :D

Still-One 12-16-2016 04:59 PM

I watched the first few episodes of season 1 but could never get my wife to watch past the first one. I will have to wait 'till she is busy to catch up. I liked what I had seen.

SCAudiophile 12-17-2016 09:23 AM

Season 1 was very good....started a bit on the slow side but quickly ramped up the pace and complexity by mid-season. By the final episodes, the number of underlying plot lines and what-if/what-did-that-mean... elements definitely increased. Season II drops right in from Episode 1 forking out on many possible alternatives. I wonder if the uncertainty of which plot line, which reality is true/feasible has to do in any way with the name of Germany's leading weapon in the series "Heisenberg Device...." that the Japanese are keen to also possess?!?

jfray 12-17-2016 09:34 AM

This is funny thread as is was up to 1 am watching most of season two last night but had planned to listen to music...... it is a good series

80B 12-17-2016 11:39 AM

We enjoyed season I, and look forward to season II. I didn't realize Fatherland was put to the screen with Rutger Hauer - have to check that out. I bought the book at Gatwick the week it was released in the UK, and read nearly the whole thing on the flight back to Atlanta - the last six pages had to wait until I hit the sack that night.

Puma Cat 12-17-2016 02:08 PM

Loved season 1 and just watched the first two episodes of Season 2 last night. Going to try to resist binge-watching so I can savor this series over the next few weeks. Season 2 looks to be even better, and I was also noticing how well the soundtrack is done. There is a very emotionally-driven cello passage at the end of the second episode that is really beautiful. Amazon has completely pulled out the stops on the production values. One of my favorite characters is the Japanese Trade Minister.

SCAudiophile 12-17-2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 80B (Post 820385)
We enjoyed season I, and look forward to season II. I didn't realize Fatherland was put to the screen with Rutger Hauer - have to check that out. I bought the book at Gatwick the week it was released in the UK, and read nearly the whole thing on the flight back to Atlanta - the last six pages had to wait until I hit the sack that night.

Fatherland was only released on VHS tape many years ago....a great frustration of mine that it is not ever been taken to DVD.

SCAudiophile 12-17-2016 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 820428)
Loved season 1 and just watched the first two episodes of Season 2 last night. Going to try to resist binge-watching so I can savor this series over the next few weeks. Season 2 looks to be even better, and I was also noticing how well the soundtrack is done. There is a very emotionally-driven cello passage at the end of the second episode that is really beautiful. Amazon has completely pulled out the stops on the production values. One of my favorite characters is the Japanese Trade Minister.

Definitely...the actor who plays the TM is one of my favorites and his character in this series is arguably the most layered and intense.....

scirica 12-17-2016 06:08 PM

I'm going to rewatch Season 1 and then cram in season 2 during holiday break.