AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Marantz (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Sc7s2 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=12235)

tom1120s 02-01-2012 10:01 AM

Sc7s2
 
Running unbalanced, can a splitter be used to run two subs from the pre-out?

tdelahanty 02-01-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom1120s (Post 262168)
Running unbalanced, can a splitter be used to run two subs from the pre-out?

Try it and see if it sounds OK. There are two sets of RCA outputs which are paralelled, not individually buffered. I doubt it will harm anything, if it sounds bad, the load is too much. :dunno:

tom1120s 05-29-2012 10:24 AM

Another question: Can this pre use one balanced pre out and one RCA out to different amps at the same time. Someone has advised that this could be done and it works but the manual seems the opposite.

tdelahanty 05-29-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom1120s (Post 316229)
Another question: Can this pre use one balanced pre out and one RCA out to different amps at the same time. Someone has advised that this could be done and it works but the manual seems the opposite.

I've pondered this question many times. I think it will work fine. My best guess is that the manual implies you can't run balanced and RCA to the same amp. :scratch2:

bobschneider 05-30-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom1120s
Another question: Can this pre use one balanced pre out and one RCA out to different amps at the same time. Someone has advised that this could be done and it works but the manual seems the opposite.

I do exactly that with my SC11S1 - Balanced outs to the main power amp, RCA outs to the subwoofer amp. Works fine.

toddmorr 03-22-2013 09:18 PM

guess i'm too new to create a new thread. Anyway, i'm using MA9S2/SC7S2 combo with the new Marantz CD player..think its the SA11S3. Am wanting to try some balanced interconnects but I can see the pin arrangement of all the marantz hardware is different than most manufacturers. Is there a problem using some aftermarket balanced interconnects such as Mogami, Morrow or Signal? I would think as long as the components being connected are all Marantz there this would be Ok. true?

tom1120s 03-23-2013 08:41 AM

Good question. I would like to know the answer to this as well, although I do not think I can use a sub at that point.:scratch2:

altbrewer 03-23-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddmorr (Post 465389)
guess i'm too new to create a new thread. Anyway, i'm using MA9S2/SC7S2 combo with the new Marantz CD player..think its the SA11S3. Am wanting to try some balanced interconnects but I can see the pin arrangement of all the marantz hardware is different than most manufacturers. Is there a problem using some aftermarket balanced interconnects such as Mogami, Morrow or Signal? I would think as long as the components being connected are all Marantz there this would be Ok. true?

You are correct. Even if they were connected to a unit with the alternate pin connections, the only effect would be inversion of the phase of the signal. Some people think this is important, but given the many opportunities for phase inversion during the recording/mastering/manufacturing steps of music media, I am not sure this matters much.

tdelahanty 03-23-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altbrewer (Post 465572)
You are correct. Even if they were connected to a unit with the alternate pin connections, the only effect would be inversion of the phase of the signal. Some people think this is important, but given the many opportunities for phase inversion during the recording/mastering/manufacturing steps of music media, I am not sure this matters much.

If you are concerned about phase under the conditions you described there is a simple and much overlooked solution. Simply reverse the speaker connections at your amp or speakers, but not both. I faced the same situation when using a Sim Supernova CDP and this works great and is a perfectly acceptable fix.

For some reason the USA and Europe have different standards, pin 1 is ground for both but pins 2 & 3 are reversed.

McGruder 05-13-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobschneider (Post 316875)
I do exactly that with my SC11S1 - Balanced outs to the main power amp, RCA outs to the subwoofer amp. Works fine.

I do this also - essentially run stereo subs.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2019 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.