AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   (Demo Tour) Aural Harmony-Cryo Gold Alloy Sonnet Interconnect II XLR 1M Pr. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=1842)

klipschfan 08-10-2009 03:01 PM

(Demo Tour) Aural Harmony-Cryo Gold Alloy Sonnet Interconnect II XLR 1M Pr.

Aural Harmony-Cryo Gold Alloy Sonnet Interconnect II XLR 1M Pr.

Have been using this IC between the MC602 and MDA1000. Just ordered the new model Sonnet II R to replace it.

Instead of selling the Sonnet II I thought I would first see if there is any interest in doing a "demo" tour. The IC is fantastic and the price to performance ratio makes it a true giant killer. Delivered cost is $171.50 for 1m XLR and available on Ebay.

I have no affiliation with the seller. I am just a satisfied end user of the product. Two problems with High End Audio are product availability and budget. Unless you can do an in-system demo it is kind of a crap shoot whether or not something is going to meet your needs.

If you are interested in doing a demo-please post here. The IC is 1m length XLR. Would like to keep it simple-Try it in your system for a week to ten days and then send it to the next member on the list. If it is lost, stolen or destroyed- replace it.

Here is some info-

Each pair is constructed using 21 feet of our Gold Alloy 24ga. wire in Teflon tubing which is braided into a 3 wire configuration ( 1 for +, 2 for -) The wire is a combination of Silver, Copper and Gold. ( some have asked... no, this is NOT gold-filled jewelry wire, that wire is made of brass and has a gold overlay) The percentage of each metal used in the wire was determined regarding its particular and unique conductivity. The Silver is 99.999% (5n) purity shot which was chosen so the addition of Copper quality could be controlled, the Gold used to finalize the formula is of fined 24kt purity. The wire making process begins with us supplying the Silver and Gold shot to the wire manufacturer, they in turn supply the Copper shot. The shot is blended, melted and is drawn into wire then polished in California. The finished wire is then sent to the plating company in New Jersey where a 24kt Gold finish is applied to the surface of the wire. When we finally receive the finished wire it is taken to be Cryo-treated by a company 8 miles from our location. The cryo company uses equipment supplied by Cold Fire Home - COLDfire Technology, LLC

MC352 is first on the list.

lag0a 08-18-2009 12:12 PM

Sign me up for the demo.

jdandy 08-18-2009 02:40 PM

lag0a.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado :wave:

klipschfan 08-20-2009 02:05 PM

http://audioaficionado.org/members/k...nnet2xlr1m.jpg

Anyone else interested in the "DEMO TOUR".....?

MC352
lag0a
shadowshaman

lag0a 08-21-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 33498)
lag0a.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado :wave:

Thanks. I didn't know about this forum until a few days ago. I usually hang out at the head-fi forum.

jdandy 08-21-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lag0a (Post 34038)
Thanks. I didn't know about this forum until a few days ago. I usually hang out at the head-fi forum.

lag0a.......Let your friends know about us. Audio Aficionado is a great audio forum to hang in, too. :thumbsup:

shadowshaman 08-22-2009 06:52 PM

I'm new here, but please sign me up for the demo too-- thanks!

klipschfan 08-22-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowshaman (Post 34289)
I'm new here, but please sign me up for the demo too-- thanks!

You got it-Welcome Aboard!....:thumbsup:

jdandy 08-23-2009 12:20 AM

shadowshaman.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

'cisco 09-04-2009 01:06 PM

klipschfan.....can you sign me up for the the demo?

Have you gotten the "R" model hooked up to your system yet? If so, give us a run-down :yes: Is it better than the regular Sonnet II? Thanks :thumbsup: