AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Travel & Leisure (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Bermuda (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42504)

Doug Lax 03-19-2018 11:42 AM

Bermuda

Can anyone advise on where to stay and what are some good places to go?

Jack in Wilmington 03-20-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Lax (Post 906828)
Can anyone advise on where to stay and what are some good places to go?

For beaches we love Horseshoe Bay and Tobacco Bay. I've heard Elbow Bay Beach Club is a nice place to stay and we're looking into some houses on the VRBO website. The Frog and Onion is a good place to eat on the far side of the island near the dockyards.

bigblue 03-20-2018 08:45 AM

Cool. Thats on my bucket list. But Bermuda is ranked as the number one most expensive country in the world to live in. What prices are we talking about. 2 times that of a USA equivalent?

vintage_tube 03-20-2018 10:05 AM

My only comment/concern about any Atlantic/Caribbean vacation would be the current affair of the area after the torrent of 5 hurricanes that passed through the area in 2017.

Atlantic laden Bermuda did receive damage but not to the devastation as seen by Caribbean islands like British Virgin Islands, the US Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos, and other smaller islands.

VRBO is an excellent vacation rental site & contact with owners to inquire into the state of the surrounding island area/rental property is usually welcomed & forthcoming.

Thorough due diligence should satisfy the majority of Atlantic/Caribbean vacation concerns.

Best Sir,

Bob

BuffaloBill 03-20-2018 01:28 PM

We always stay at Fairmont Southhampton Bermuda so we can overlook and walk to our favorite beach, Horseshoe Bay Beach.

AudioNut 03-21-2018 04:20 PM

We stayed in Hamilton,Bermuda last week aboard the Cunard Queen Victoria . . . . Weather was beautiful and the food was much more affordable on the ship!

Would recommend it as a very nice way to visit this beautiful island!

We were in the Azores on Monday

Will be in Southampton G.B. on Friday morning . . . for a 10 day
visit to that much larger island.

radio times 03-22-2018 06:10 AM

There's a charming seaside village called..linden, or is that london?...that's worth a look.The fishermen mend their nets under the palm fronds, to give shade under the summer heat.

Jack in Wilmington 09-05-2019 04:36 PM

We've booked a house in Paget Parrish for Sept. 7 to the 14th. Hopefully we'll be able to cook a bit ourselves and save a little on the cost of eating out. Any recommendations on good casual places to eat.

Doug Lax 09-10-2019 11:57 AM

:surfin:Jack there are some great videos on youtube "Irix Guy" has some good info on Bermuda Chowder . Also Dark and Stormys and rum swizzles at the Swizzle Inn. My folks loved the pink sand turquoise water:banana:

Jack in Wilmington 09-13-2019 09:23 AM

Hey Doug, We had a couple of Dark and Stormy's at Flanigan's on Front Street last night with dinner. $5.00 was what they charged us on the bill. Not bad. On Tuesday we had a couple at the Pickled Onion and they were $7.00 so I'd say all and all the drink prices were good.

I went snorkeling with a local guy that I met at Horseshoe Bay yesterday. He went out where I wouldn't have ventured by myself.