AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Lamm (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Best Power Cord For the Lamm M1.2 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

thesaint519 05-19-2012 12:31 AM

Best Power Cord For the Lamm M1.2

Hello Lamm-ers,

Need your input on what power cords you've been using and/or recommend for the Lamm M1.2s.

Thimios 05-19-2012 08:47 AM

In order of preference:

1. Nordost Odin (by far the best bass and articulation and best overall but with a very high price)
2. Jorma Prime
3. Jorma Origo
4. Audience 24 (detail dynamos, but rather bass shy)
5. Essence Reference (not the new ref II) good allrounder

Planning to try in the near future
1. Kubala Elation
2. Shunyata Anacoda
3. Crystal Ultra
4. Siltech Signature Double Crown.

Thimios

thesaint519 05-19-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thimios
In order of preference:

1. Nordost Odin (by far the best bass and articulation and best overall but with a very high price)
2. Jorma Prime
3. Jorma Origo

1. Kubala Elation
2. Shunyata Anacoda
3. Crystal Ultra

Thimios

Wow. That's pretty extensive experience. Thanks for your input. Sorely needed.

thesaint519 05-19-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thimios
In order of preference:

2. Jorma Prime
3. Jorma Origo

1. Kubala Elation
2. Shunyata Anacoda
3. Crystal Ultra

Thimios

Would you consider plugging the Lamms into a power conditioner? I was considering a Richard Gray Power Company 400 Pro. Thoughts?

Whart 05-19-2012 07:08 PM

I wouldn't, and in fact, i think Lamm recommends against it. (You might check his website, i seem to remember something about this). I have a bunch of Richard Gray stuff, including the 240 v transformer and his large multi-out line conditioner for my big video system. The Gray products have performed wonderfully in that set-up, I'm not sure it will sound as transparent on a high resolution audio system. Why would you need to do this anyway? Funky AC?

Yep, just checked. Take a look: http://www.lammindustries.com/faq/conditioner.html

thesaint519 05-20-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whart (Post 312070)
I wouldn't, and in fact, i think Lamm recommends against it. (You might check his website, i seem to remember something about this). I have a bunch of Richard Gray stuff, including the 240 v transformer and his large multi-out line conditioner for my big video system. The Gray products have performed wonderfully in that set-up, I'm not sure it will sound as transparent on a high resolution audio system. Why would you need to do this anyway? Funky AC?

Yep, just checked. Take a look: New Page 4

That's good info. Thank you kindly :yes:.

PHC1 05-20-2012 08:26 PM

Believe it or not, I found Guerrilla Audio power cords to be the overall winners to my ears. Can't get those anymore. :no:

thesaint519 05-20-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whart

Yep, just checked. Take a look: http://www.lammindustries.com/faq/conditioner.html

My goal is to provide my gear with the best environment to perform optimally. I may experiment with a set of 400 pros in the future.

PHC1 05-20-2012 08:38 PM

RGPC wasn't bad with Lamm. I did find PurePower to impart less sonic signature and not to lean out the sound like many power conditioners seem to do and I liked it even better. The PurePower 2000 I used with Lamm gear seemed to open up the sound even more and gave the dynamics and transient response a new definition in my system.

thesaint519 05-20-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 312656)
RGPC wasn't bad with Lamm. I did find PurePower to impart less sonic signature and not to lean out the sound like many power conditioners seem to do and I liked it even better. The PurePower 2000 I used with Lamm gear seemed to open up the sound even more and gave the dynamics and transient response a new definition in my system.

That's good info. Thank you kindly :yes:.