AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What interconnects and speaker wires are you using? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=32868)

The Lost Bears 09-01-2015 10:34 AM

What interconnects and speaker wires are you using?

I have been using Audio Research interconnects and speaker cables for many years. The grey Litzline 2 and Litzlink 2, not the cheaper black ones. My system has changed quite a bit over the years and I am thinking it might be time to upgrade the cables.

My current system is an Audio Research Ref 5se, Ref 110 amp, Ref CD7 and DAC8 for computer audio. My vinyl front end consists of a ClearAudio Innovation Wood turntable with a Fosgate Signature phono preamp. I am using Shunyata power cords on everything and I am very happy with them.

So far I have tried Kubala-Sosna Fascination and thought it was at best a side ways move. So I am looking for other cables to try. I am curious what others with similar gear are using.

Superfrg 09-01-2015 12:28 PM

If it was me, and I liked the Shunyata power cords, i'd definitely go for a full Shunyata loom for all cables.

Im working on a full wire world cable loom now myself.

Yamaki 09-01-2015 03:01 PM

Wireworld here for the most part. I do have a bit of AQ in the system that I will eventually upgrade.

John49 09-01-2015 03:12 PM

Chord Sarum Super Aray interconnects, Chord Sarum speaker cable.

Mikado463 09-01-2015 03:36 PM

I believe 'the Cable Company' offers a loaner program that would probably fit the bill.

The Lost Bears 09-01-2015 06:09 PM

I want to try a few different cables before I decide what I want to use. My thought was to find out what other people with similar equipment were using as a starting point. what other people with Audio Research Equipment like. Then try those and see how they compare to what I am currently using.

I have seriously thought about Shunyata. But I want to try some other brands as well.

audioguy3107 09-01-2015 09:56 PM

M.I.T. Shotguns for the analog rig and Transparent for the rest of the system including speaker cables.

- Buck

BeerCan 09-01-2015 11:10 PM

Right now I am using Groneberg Quattro Reference speaker cables, AQ Yukon XLR, AQ Coffee usb and stock power cords

Superfrg 09-02-2015 11:01 AM

You guys in the US are fortunate to have the Cable Co. to test different cables.

Its almost impossible to audition high end cables here, so the decision has to be made based on reviews, gut feeling and forum posts.

My Local Wireworld pusher only has Equinox speaker cables as their highest tier, for lending out, which kind of sucks.

I'd give them cable co guys a try, I even think they have some kind of matching/database service if you write to them with your gear. Pretty neat.

chessman 09-02-2015 01:42 PM

I use WireWorld Silver Eclipse 6 interconnects and speaker cables. They are outstanding!