AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What power makes your Sonus Fabers sing (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=8405)

Kenkirk 05-20-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turntable (Post 167006)
It is an original painting on canvas with 3d textures like string for Lennon's hair. It was painted by my sister in law in her final year high school art project. I rescued it before she threw it out.

I'll see if I can post a recent one Stephen

Wow, I would like to dumpster dive at her place!!! :yes:

I hope she is still painting. That is very very good. She has a great eye for color and contrast. And the subject is presented in a unique way. High School, wow when they have the gift it shows early! Thanks for sharing.

Ken

Antonmb 05-21-2011 05:25 PM

I'm driving Sonus Cremona Auditor M's with a new Audio Research DSi200 integrated. Very smooth sound with great sound stage and plenty of power.

bodiezaffa 05-25-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 166339)
Strads get 300 watts from MC2301's

Amati Aniversarios get 1000 watts from Bryston 28B-SST's

Auditor M's get 300 watts from Bryston 6B-SST

Hi Ivan, could you reply with a few words why you chose bryston for the amati's and auditors? Do you recall what you auditioned before making that choice.

Puma Cat 05-25-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodiezaffa (Post 166316)
Recently at the house of a friend and fellow audiophile, I was asking him which amp he preferred to power his Focal La Scala’s. He was using a McIntosh MA7000 but there was a large SS Conrad Johnson amp ( cant remember which one-output was 500w into 4ohm.) sitting in a corner, silent and without a pre amp.
He said when the CJ’s were connected, the sound came from all directions, completely enveloping him into the music. This was something the MA7000 was unable to do.
Got me wondering to what others use to power their speakers and since I now have the Cremona M, my interest lay in fellow SF owners.

My guess is that the C-J was an ET250S...an excellent amp.

joeinid 08-09-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 167264)
I'm driving Sonus Cremona Auditor M's with a new Audio Research DSi200 integrated. Very smooth sound with great sound stage and plenty of power.

Any updates on anyone using the Audio Research DSi200 integrated?

Looks like a nice integrated :yes:

Joe

Masterlu 08-09-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodiezaffa (Post 168388)
Hi Ivan, could you reply with a few words why you chose bryston for the amati's and auditors? Do you recall what you auditioned before making that choice.

Mark... Sorry for the delayed response, I just saw this now. I didn't audition the Bryston w/ SF.

I took some advice from a few very trusted friends in regards to the synergy of Bryston & Sonus Faber.

They were spot on!

PHC1 08-09-2011 11:50 PM

Elipsas, Cremona Center M, 4xCremona Auditor Elipsas driven by Bryston 14B, 7B and 2x4B, all SST2 versions. I'm more than happy with results. :music:

jdandy 08-10-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 190472)
Elipsas, Cremona Center M, 4xCremona Auditor Elipsas driven by Bryston 14B, 7B and 2x4B, all SST2 versions. I'm more than happy with results. :music:

Serge.......Your theater has to sound astonishing. Great set up. :thumbsup:

PHC1 08-10-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 190485)
Serge.......Your theater has to sound astonishing. Great set up. :thumbsup:

I'm very happy Dan. I knew that SF speakers can afford to be driven by amps with real testicular fortitude in a room that is well treated and sound the best to my ears that way. While I absolutely love latest Krell amps with Elipsas in rooms with proper acoustics, I decided not to risk so much heat in one cabinet where all my amps are stacked and I decided not to clutter the theater with amps on the floor by the front speakers.

The Bryston amps are still more neutral than McIntosh amps and are faster with crisper transients which works very well for Elipsas when the room is not overly bright, which as you know my theater is treated from head to toe with ASC treatments of all kinds. :D Having auditioned the new SST2 series of Bryston amps, it was an easy decision. It was a perfect solution to go with Bryston muscle and their iron grip on the speakers that are a bit on the warmer/forgiving side of neutral.

I'm getting a perfect balance of crisp transients, extremely well articulated bass, highs that are extended, airy but natural and smooth and a very silky, seductive midrange SF are known for.

If it wasn't for the very well treated room this combo resides in, I would have gone with amps with a smidgen less "enthusiasm", in fact, I'd be looking at MC601's as the perfect partners. :yes:

gerzom 09-19-2011 03:28 PM

I use an Electrocompaniet AW250R to drive my Concerto Domus.

http://www.electrocompaniet.no/image.../250_large.jpg