AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Esoteric Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   All Esoteric Rig (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=18431)

Masterlu 01-10-2013 06:43 PM

All Esoteric Rig

I am thinking about building an all Esoteric rig; Amp, Pre-amp, Phono-pre, CD/SACD Player.

Your thoughts are welcome. :o

mbovaird 01-10-2013 06:46 PM

I love it. Would you go with one of their stereo amps or the monoblocks? Gorgeous looking gear indeed!

RoadDawgWest 01-10-2013 06:50 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing today. If I was going to go solid state that is the equipment I would want audition and consider. Looking forward to Newport show. Will the equipment be going on a SRA rack?

Masterlu 01-10-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadDawgWest (Post 424047)
I was thinking the exact same thing today. If I was going to go solid state that is the equipment I would want audition and consider. Looking forward to Newport show. Will the equipment be going on a SRA rack?

Yes, it will go in an SRA rack. :thumbsup:

chessman 01-10-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 424042)
I am thinking about building an all Esoteric rig; Amp, Pre-amp, Phono-pre, CD/SACD Player.

How about "WOW!!" :banana:

Masterlu 01-10-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbovaird (Post 424043)
I love it. Would you go with one of their stereo amps or the monoblocks? Gorgeous looking gear indeed!

Tough choice, I like them both. :scratch2:

jdandy 01-10-2013 07:00 PM

Ivan.......You already have two major players for an all Esoteric system, the vaulted K-01 and the E-03 dual phono stage preamp. Just add the Esoteric C-03 dual mono preamp and a pair of Esoteric A-03 Class A stereo power amps running in bridged mono and you'll be rolling. I have no doubt this would be a killer system.

tdelahanty 01-10-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masterlu (Post 424042)
i am thinking about building an all esoteric rig; amp, pre-amp, phono-pre, cd/sacd player.

super, can't wait !!!!!

Audio 1 01-10-2013 07:10 PM

The C-03 pre-amp is very, very good based on my time spent auditioning it.
Really all of it is so excellent that I cannot imagine the end result being less than awesome.

mbovaird 01-10-2013 07:27 PM

6Moons Review:

"When it comes to associations, I’d imagine the A-03 will work fine with speakers that are open and agile, with sharp transients and in need of a good injection of tonal flavor. Esoteric’s own MG20 seem to fit the bill quite well, some Avantgarde Acoustic designs (which Esoteric happens to distribute in Japan) probably do too and I would bet that the Genesis G7.1f I reviewed a few month ago would simply blossom. Despite that, my successful experience with the FJ OMs and Rogers prove that the A-03 should certainly not be limited to speakers in need of mellowing or enrichment but be a top consideration for anybody (deep pockets permitting) who is chasing tonal richness, superb elegance, finesse and musical refinement in a package that does not include tubes. To push performance even farther in the direction of fluidity, rare elegance and transparency, the C-03 preamplifier almost seems mandatory, the association being so synergistic and clearly meant to be."