AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Travel & Leisure (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Xmas Travel (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41373)

Formerly YB-2 12-01-2017 10:00 PM

Xmas Travel

So, where you headed for the Xmas/New Year's holidays? We're headed down to Naples, FL for a month. Looking forward to making FL permanent.

PHC1 12-01-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 883314)
So, where you headed for the Xmas/New Year's holidays? We're headed down to Naples, FL for a month. Looking forward to making FL permanent.

My parents are making the trek from Naples to spend Xmas and New Year's with us this time around. Usually it's the other way around. Are you moving to Naples soon? I know at least a few members here that either live there permanently or have recently bought a place. One of these days we should all get together in beautiful Naples. :thumbsup:

Jack in Wilmington 12-03-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Florida permanent.....Hurricanes, Heat and Humidity. Not for me. It's a great place to visit as the saying goes.

Weirdcuba 12-03-2017 09:58 PM

Will be on Boca grande (60 miles from Naples), till the 30th when we leave to ski!

crwilli 12-03-2017 10:33 PM

Nuttin’, nada, zip, zilch, zero travel for us. Looking forward to XMAS day 🏌️*♀️. We will have visitors.

audioguy3107 12-03-2017 11:48 PM

No travel for us either, family coming over for Christmas Day. Gotta get the menu ready soon!

- Buck

Antonmb 12-04-2017 02:17 AM

Like the song says, there’s no place like home for the holidays.

Formerly YB-2 12-05-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington (Post 883768)
Florida permanent.....Hurricanes, Heat and Humidity.

Wonderful. What's not to like. Jump in the pool every day of the year (which I'll do starting Saturday). Toss in a couple of days of terror and life is good. Can't wait to get moved.

docmd2010 12-06-2017 07:09 AM

Quote:

Wish I was going somewhere. Working on xmas!

Wife and I are both working in fact. Oh well such is life

Jack in Wilmington 12-07-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 884188)
Wonderful. What's not to like. Jump in the pool every day of the year (which I'll do starting Saturday). Toss in a couple of days of terror and life is good. Can't wait to get moved.

I'm at my sister-in-laws house now and half the houses in her development have storm damage to the roof or fences and screen houses over the pool. Most are waiting on checks to cover the damages. Like I said it's nice to visit, even if I come home next Wednesday and there are leaves in the yard. I'm not waiting on a check to take care of it. My cousin took Florida for about 10 years and finally she had enough and moved to Ashville, North Carolina.