AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Magnepan (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Magnepan 12 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=14773)

Volks 06-26-2012 11:13 PM

Magnepan 12

2 Attachment(s)
Today was hunting day for a new set of speakers.I had in mind a few diff brands/models EX: Anthony Gallo,ProAc, and Martin Logan.
I have heard all 3 brands and the models of each brand i was thinking about buying before,but today was the day i would pick a pair for my 2nd system.

After hours of shooting the breeze and listening sessions with my salesman with the 3 diff speakers i still could not decide ......so we took a coffee break and at that point he says to me "Why dont you try a pair of Maggies"?..........ive never truly listened to a pair of maggies before and replied to him .."Yeah,but Maggies are bright speakers......yes?"......he looked and smiled and we proceded into the Maggie room and for another 3 hours i listened to the Maggie 12's and LOVED what i heard.....wide soundstage/open/airy midrange and the Bass while not thundershaking in this model.....it was punchy/clean and well controlled for the size of the speaker.

30 minutes later and im loading my new Magneplanar 12's into my home:)......they are playing thru my Mcintosh Amps quite lively with Pink Floyds Wish You Were Here :) ..........i am so happy i decided to give Magnepan speakers a chance and destroy a stereotype i had about them....in another 100-200 hours they should really be opened up/broken in !:)

Masterlu 06-26-2012 11:43 PM

Congrad's Michael... amazing how those window shopping expeditions turn out to be so much more.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Volks 06-27-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 329454)
Congrad's Michael... amazing how those window shopping expeditions turn out to be so much more.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Thanks Ivan:thumbsup: .....Melody Gardot is playing thru them now.....such a lively midrange.

LordoftheRingsEE 06-27-2012 01:04 AM

---This is great Michael! ...You inspire me. :thumbsup:
I never heard Maggies before, not that I can recall.

bzr 06-27-2012 01:09 AM

Congrats Michael, some great speakers there. Magnepan are coming out with some great sounding gear of late.

Volks 06-27-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE (Post 329472)
---This is great Michael! ...You inspire me. :thumbsup:
I never heard Maggies before, not that I can recall.

I was the same way(never heard them before),but heard plenty about them....if you get the chance Bob give them a listen......The Magnepan 12's are going to be great for my 2nd system after i have them broken in on the Mac's.

Volks 06-27-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzr (Post 329473)
Congrats Michael, some great speakers there. Magnepan are coming out with some great sounding gear of late.

I agree with you there!..............they are a very lively speaker in the 1K range IMO.

Ian 06-27-2012 05:10 AM

Michael welcome to the amazing sound of Magnepans!
Excellent choice :thumbsup:
Your McIntosh and Maggie system makes for a terrific combination :music:

Ritmo 06-27-2012 06:33 AM

Congratulations Michael!

Mike

Rayooo 06-27-2012 06:39 AM

Congratulations! fantastic choice :banana: I am a bit biased I must admit having owned Magnepans for the last 10+years. :yes: