AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Hello from Brooklyn Heights (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37594)

jussy1254 11-14-2016 12:02 AM

Hello from Brooklyn Heights

delighted to be amongst you...

Audiophilehi 11-14-2016 12:19 AM

Welcome Jussy! :welcome2.:

chessman 11-14-2016 02:59 AM

Jussy1254, welcome aboard! :wave:

SCAudiophile 11-14-2016 05:39 AM

Welcome!!!

Yamaki 11-14-2016 08:56 AM

Welcome to AA!

Wasatch 11-14-2016 09:49 AM

Welcome!

cma29 11-14-2016 11:18 AM

Aficionado badge right off the bat. Right on.

Tell us about your gear and music preferences.

Antonmb 11-14-2016 12:13 PM

Welcome Jussy, glad to have you with us.

jussy1254 11-14-2016 03:42 PM

thank you all so much for the hearty welcome...
I have 2 current systems (work and home) and both are a culmination of numerous years and a countless amount of British pounds, Swiss Francs and now US dollars invested/spent/mispent.

Home is total Nagra with Stenheim speakers and Nordost Odin and Valhalla cables. It is a testament to Switzerland, a country I love and lived in for 20 years. A testament to precision, to an analogue tradition and heritage. Ultimately a nostalgic nod to times past and to a fastidious and unbelievable level of detail and workmanship. It is my vintage porsche audio, my patek philippe audio..
So to be precise: Nagra CDP, Nagra HD DAC, Nagra Jazz, Nagra VPS, Nagra MPS and (for the time being) a stereo Nagra Classic Amp. (I have a Nagra 300P for sale in the marketplace here too). Speakers are Stenheim Alumine 3s with matching Base Modules. They are a bespoke in full anodised silver aluminium.
Analogue source is my Simon Yorke S10 with 7.1 arm. I have 2 wands and change between a Koetsu Onyx and a Jan Allaerts. I also own a Brinkmann LaGrange which I have decided to sell as I have not much use for 2 tables.
I have yet to decide on a media server as I would like to burn my cd's and blurays to a device of some sort.

Work: 2 Devialet D-Premieres (which I might or might not upgrade) a wonderful Weiss MAN 301 server and 8 KEF in wall speakers. Here I use Audioquest cable in the walls and between the components

I also need to set up my British vintage components, 80's and 90's Quad and Meridian and will do so once I source a nice pair of speakers, thinking early electrostats or spendors. Oh plus I need the holiday/weekend place for this too...

Audiophilehi 11-14-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jussy1254 (Post 813406)
thank you all so much for the hearty welcome...
I have 2 current systems (work and home) and both are a culmination of numerous years and a countless amount of British pounds, Swiss Francs and now US dollars invested/spent/mispent.

Home is total Nagra with Stenheim speakers and Nordost Odin and Valhalla cables. It is a testament to Switzerland, a country I love and lived in for 20 years. A testament to precision, to an analogue tradition and heritage. Ultimately a nostalgic nod to times past and to a fastidious and unbelievable level of detail and workmanship. It is my vintage porsche audio, my patek philippe audio..
So to be precise: Nagra CDP, Nagra HD DAC, Nagra Jazz, Nagra VPS, Nagra MPS and (for the time being) a stereo Nagra Classic Amp. (I have a Nagra 300P for sale in the marketplace here too). Speakers are Stenheim Alumine 3s with matching Base Modules. They are a bespoke in full anodised silver aluminium.
Analogue source is my Simon Yorke S10 with 7.1 arm. I have 2 wands and change between a Koetsu Onyx and a Jan Allaerts. I also own a Brinkmann LaGrange which I have decided to sell as I have not much use for 2 tables.
I have yet to decide on a media server as I would like to burn my cd's and blurays to a device of some sort.

Work: 2 Devialet D-Premieres (which I might or might not upgrade) a wonderful Weiss MAN 301 server and 8 KEF in wall speakers. Here I use Audioquest cable in the walls and between the components

I also need to set up my British vintage components, 80's and 90's Quad and Meridian and will do so once I source a nice pair of speakers, thinking early electrostats or spendors. Oh plus I need the holiday/weekend place for this too...

Very Nice!

This forum will have you spending more money in no time! :D