AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New cables to come.... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=4436)

Jerome W 05-18-2010 05:15 AM

New cables to come....

Well, I finally got a bad springtime Flu !

Based on my dear and highly respected friend Dan, I placed an order for :

- a complete set-up of Silver Eclipse XLR interconnects for the whole system (except the MR77 ) : MDA1000 to the C1000P, C1000P to Lyngdorf RP1, Lyngdorf RP1 to the 2301 Monoblocks ( there's one length of 5 meters for the left channel...:sigh: ! ).
- 2 Silver Electra PC for the 2301's. My friend JM gave me 2 high end PC of an other brand for a try and the results are just preliminary ones, but I do hear a more weighty sound. As JM's cables are too short for me, I decided to follow my Guru's choice for the Silver Electra for the monoblocks...
- 4 Electra PC for the rest of the system ( Linn Ikemi cd drive, MDA 1000, C1000P, and Lyngdorf RP1).

I don't know if the difference will be huge or subtle with my very low cost MOGAMI microphone Neglex XLR cables, but :
1) Life is short even if it still seems crazy to me to spend near 5K into IC and PC cables.... And I know many here have spent much more....
When I think that in many countries in this world the average salary is 50 dollars a month, I just spent into cables near 10 years of work of someone there. What a crazy world when you think about it...
2) It is difficult to refuse some hi-fi spending that comes "incognito" for the wife :D
3) I trust Dan very much. I never had an once of a regret after buying what he recommended to me and others. ( I hope he will be happy from his MEN220 which I may have contributed a little bit in his will to buy one...)
4) I just don't have time for time consuming cable comparative listening sessions...
5) I won't think all the time that my present cables could be a brake of some kind for great performance of my system.

Next step will be changing the speaker cables.
I'm very happy now with my Paul Speltz "anticables".
BTW I saw that Paul introduced IC cables based on his speaker cables design. The testimonies on his site are pretty amazing. I hope I did not spend all that money for nothing...
I want to try the Kimber 8TC Dan is using. It won't cost a fortune ; I just need less than 2 meters total !

Will keep you informed of the results... :music:
Cheers,
Jérôme

PS / Ivan is a good seller... ( and I think Dan is helping a bit, backoffice ! ) I just added to my order an AES / EBU Gold Starlight 5 to connect the Ikemi to the MDA1000.... : now I'm above 5k !

Masterlu 05-18-2010 05:42 AM

Congrad's Jérôme!

The difference will not be subtle, get excited! Most cable manufacturers have been struggling with the Global slowdown.

Wireworld however is enjoying their best year over year growth ever. The reason is simple, their products truly perform beyond expectations.

I move alot of their products, even to folks not on AA. The overwhelming response is enormously positve.

I look forward to your glowing review!

Vintage Pete 05-18-2010 06:38 AM

Congrats Jérôme...I'll look forward to hearing your impressions. I know Dan wouldn't give you or anyone else a bum steer.

I've been getting a bit itchy for some new speaker cables, ala wireworld. I think I'll probably have to wait a bit though...:sigh:

Pete

1KW 05-18-2010 07:04 AM

Jerome,

Even I noticed a difference when I went to wireworld speaker and IC which really says something.

Still-One 05-18-2010 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C220MC275 (Post 82806)
Well, I finally got a bad springtime Flu !

Based on my dear and highly respected friend Dan, I placed an order for :

- a complete set-up of Silver Eclipse XLR interconnects for the whole system (except the MR77 ) : MDA1000 to the C1000P, C1000P to Lyngdorf RP1, Lyngdorf RP1 to the 2301 Monoblocks ( there's one length of 5 meters for the left channel...:sigh: ! ).
- 2 Silver Electra PC for the 2301's. My friend JM gave me 2 high end PC of an other brand for a try and the results are just preliminary ones, but I do hear a more weighty sound. As JM's cables are too short for me, I decided to follow my Guru's choice for the Silver Electra for the monoblocks...
- 4 Electra PC for the rest of the system ( Linn Ikemi cd drive, MDA 1000, C1000P, and Lyngdorf RP1).

I don't know if the difference will be huge or subtle with my very low cost MOGAMI microphone Neglex XLR cables, but :
1) Life is short even if it still seems crazy to me to spend near 5K into IC and PC cables.... And I know many here have spent much more....
When I think that in many countries in this world the average salary is 50 dollars a month, I just spent into cables near 10 years of work of someone there. What a crazy world when you think about it...
2) It is difficult to refuse some hi-fi spending that comes "incognito" for the wife :D
3) I trust Dan very much. I never had an once of a regret after buying what he recommended to me and others. ( I hope he will be happy from his MEN220 which I may have contributed a little bit in his will to buy one...)
4) I just don't have time for time consuming cable comparative listening sessions...
5) I won't think all the time that my present cables could be a brake of some kind for great performance of my system.

Next step will be changing the speaker cables.
I'm very happy now with my Paul Speltz "anticables".
BTW I saw that Paul introduced IC cables based on his speaker cables design. The testimonies on his site are pretty amazing. I hope I did not spend all that money for nothing...
I want to try the Kimber 8TC Dan is using. It won't cost a fortune ; I just need less than 2 meters total !

Will keep you informed of the results... :music:
Cheers,
Jérôme

PS / Ivan is a good seller... ( and I think Dan is helping a bit, backoffice ! ) I just added to my order an AES / EBU Gold Starlight 5 to connect the Ikemi to the MDA1000.... : now I'm above 5k !

Jerome
Whichever brand you go with and Wireworld makes good cables, go with their entire package. Do not mix speaker and interconnect from different companies. Just like speakers, amp and sources, they all have a design intent so stick with it.
Jim

schaefer11 05-18-2010 07:41 AM

Good luck Jerome. I hope you end up feeling the money is well spent.

Even though I am not a cable believer, I would agree that if you are going to make a changeover, using all the same brand makes sense to me. If there is a "sound" for a particular brand, and you seem to discern differences between cables, I would think you would want it from the beginning to the end of the audio chain.

Besides, I like spending other peoples money, so go for the Wireworld speaker cables. The more expensive the better! :D

Jerome W 05-18-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 82816)
Jerome,

Even I noticed a difference when I went to wireworld speaker and IC which really says something.

:roflmao: / Yes David, from the King of the skeptics here, that really SAYS SOMETHING ! thanks !

Jerome W 05-18-2010 07:55 AM

Kevin and Jim,

Dan uses Kimber 8TC for speakers, while he is using all Wireworld cables for the IC and PCs, so I'll stick to that for the moment...

Cheers,
Jerome

Masterlu 05-18-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C220MC275 (Post 82828)
Kevin and Jim,

Dan uses Kimber 8TC for speakers, while he is using all Wireworld cables for the IC and PCs, so I'll stick to that for the moment...

Cheers,
Jerome

Really? I'll have to fix that right away. ;)

Audio 1 05-18-2010 09:14 AM

In my opinion the quality vs. performance of the Wireworld product at all price points exceeds most of the competition.

I am sure you will be very happy with your new cables.:yes: