AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Clearaudio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Clearaudio Innovation (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=29044)

C2300MC275 11-18-2014 09:52 AM

Clearaudio Innovation

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my analog rig next year. I currently have:

VPI classic 2 (with vta tower)
Sds power supply
Stillpoints footers and clamp
Benz LPS and Lyra Delos

Anyway. I want to get my final tt which will significantly improve on my VPI rig. I have done my research and think I might go for the innovation. Do you think this will be a significant upgrade for me? Also what arm would you recommend - obvious match is universal 12" but someone said a Graham phantom is much better on this table. Also - I see I could upgrade to master innovation in time - does the master significantly improve on innovation?

Many thanks

Bill

ChrisAZ 11-18-2014 12:55 PM

I was considering the Innovation but its footprint was too large for my stand. Ended up with a Classic 3 and 3D Arm (with the Delos) and couldn't be happier. If I was going to spend significantly more, I'd be trending towards the Basis, AMG or SME turntables I think.

C2300MC275 11-19-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisAZ (Post 651655)
I was considering the Innovation but its footprint was too large for my stand. Ended up with a Classic 3 and 3D Arm (with the Delos) and couldn't be happier. If I was going to spend significantly more, I'd be trending towards the Basis, AMG or SME turntables I think.

Hi Chris,

I thought the foot print of a classic 3 was larger??

Classic 3 is beautiful and I did consider it but here in the UK due to exchange rates the VPI is relatively expensive. A classic 3 with 3d arm is virtually same price as innovation and universal.

SME is easy to come by over here obviously. They are built really well but I find the sound a little boring and the looks are not my cup of tea either. I have not heard the AMG but can't get excited about the look of it. Seems very well made but standard technology other than the clever arm?

capt.chaos 11-19-2014 10:50 PM

You can't go wrong with the Clearaudio Innovation.

byZan 11-21-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt.chaos (Post 651997)
You can't go wrong with the Clearaudio Innovation.

+1
or why not a used master reference with a TT2 arm and a gold finger pu supplements you then with a Absolute Inside and you're home:music:

/byZan

C2300MC275 11-21-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byZan (Post 652369)
+1
or why not a used master reference with a TT2 arm and a gold finger pu supplements you then with a Absolute Inside and you're home:music:

/byZan

Not seen many master refs for sale but will keep a look out. No gold finger because the cart is not efficient enough for my BMC MCCI.

Do like the prospect of potentially owning the master innovation in time though as you can upgrade to this from innovation.

fgchong 11-22-2014 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C2300MC275 (Post 652406)
Not seen many master refs for sale but will keep a look out. No gold finger because the cart is not efficient enough for my BMC MCCI.

Do like the prospect of potentially owning the master innovation in time though as you can upgrade to this from innovation.

I had the innovation wood slightly more than 1 year before I replaced it with innovation master. Both installed with universal 9" arm but da vinc on the innovation and titanium on innovation master. Putting the difference in price aside, comparing against my the other turntable, thoren td550 with ortofon ta210 and koetsu jade platinum, all 3 combinations have their strength and weakness but my preference goes to the innovation master in the overall sonic presentation.

C2300MC275 11-22-2014 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fgchong (Post 652635)
I had the innovation wood slightly more than 1 year before I replaced it with innovation master. Both installed with universal 9" arm but da vinc on the innovation and titanium on innovation master. Putting the difference in price aside, comparing against my the other turntable, thoren td550 with ortofon ta210 and koetsu jade platinum, all 3 combinations have their strength and weakness but my preference goes to the innovation master in the overall sonic presentation.

Thanks for your feedback - how does the master improve over the innovation?

fgchong 11-22-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C2300MC275 (Post 652648)
Thanks for your feedback - how does the master improve over the innovation?

If both installed with da-vinci cart, only a marginal difference but with the titanium, the gap widening not only in better details but also more define bass. No chance to compare using gold-finger as I have already sold my innovation tt.

Puma Cat 11-24-2014 10:08 PM

How about a Rega RP8?