PDA

View Full Version : Zanden

JSCC
04-27-2011, 10:45 PM
The following used BUT very mint Zanden gears were offered to me as the dealer knows once I did harbor thoughts to have them powering the Avantgarde Duo Grosso G2's (before I became a full Meridian convert).

As a mortal with plenty of weakness for nice gears, I nearly fell for the whole 3 pieces, the CD Transport, the DA as well as the single input 300B 8 watter per channel (integrated amp) or Power Amp. In the end, I walked away as the Meridian faith is still so strong.

Here's the gears taken from the dealer's website. Pretty alluring isn't it?

Cheers!

cmalak
04-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Jerry...very alluring :yes: Beautiful gear. I am sure it sounds wonderful too :thumbsup:

chessman
04-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Alluring, yes, like that attractive girl across the room when you are already married. ;) You did the right thing staying with Meridian. :yes:

jdandy
04-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Jerry.......Alluring, yes. Outperform your present Meridian rig, no way. Leave it at the dealer. You don't want to get back into rolling gear through your home every three months like before, do you? :no:

JSCC
04-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Yes Randy, Cyril and Dan,

Indeed they are very2 alluring. Build quality and style is really first class. These special breed of Japanese (Zanden, Wavac, to name a few I have come across) sure knows how design and built very high end beautiful looking gears (with very high pricing to match).

BUT as mentioned, I am now a die-hard MERIDIAN convert, I'll stay faithful. I am tempted because of the attractive pricing (like 50% off the NET selling price plus its seldom played, mint condition, blah ... blah ...), still the nagging concern to why I need 2 systems remains unanswered and of course, the available SPACE to house them.

So, I'll just, look at that attractive "dame" Zanden, fantasize a little and then back to home to look and play with my wife - dear Meridian! :D

Cheers!

cmalak
04-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Good call Jerry :thumbsup:

Talk2me
05-16-2011, 02:58 AM
It is amazing what some can do, to sing such beautiful music, with under 10 watts. That is what love about the high-end, on one hand huge 2,000 watt giants, and also impressive 10 watt giants.

jazzhead
12-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Does anybody have any experience with Zanden gear . Was wondering if we could get some feedback on their house sound and music making abilities . They are supposedly top notch ....

howiebrou
12-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Does anybody have any experience with Zanden gear . Was wondering if we could get some feedback on their house sound and music making abilities . They are supposedly top notch ....

Zanden stuff is fantastic. The sound is not in your face high resolution bass thumping at all but seductive, pure and very smooth. Fatiguing it is not. I could seriously consider a Zanden top end and phono amp. Most are not super impressed at their first audition but they keep coming back for more and the interest doesn't wane which is a lot more than can be said for some brands that captivate you on the first listen but tire you out and become repetitive sounding after a couple of hours.

The single box Zanden CDP (MSRP15k) is a very good buy imho and can be had for less.

howie

Wasatch
12-13-2012, 09:46 PM
The Phone Amp is also very very nice, for the price one of the best around.