PDA

View Full Version : The Feickert Tools...

Tonepub
04-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Hey troops:

I've just ordered the full suite of Feickert tools to dial your cartridge in all the way. I've been really intrigued with the SoundSmith Cartright, but it's still on the horizon. I'm sure it will be awesome, but it's not ready to roll yet.

The good news about the Feickert stuff is that it is very comprehensive. The bad news is that the instructions are a pretty tough read.

I'm thinking about spending a month with this on a variety of different turntables and tonearms and putting together a very comprehensive E-Book on how to use it.

Do you think there would be any interest in this, or is it more screwing around than most of you would like to undertake? I know Fremer has his setup DVD, but it only gets you so far. I'd like to make this more of a master class.

And I'm thinking of pricing it a lot more reasonable, somewhere between 10-15 bucks, with a discount to AA members.

As always thanks for your feedback.

Masterlu
04-24-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm in simply to help keep the cost down for everyone else. :o

Tonepub
04-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Yeah, the software is pretty spendy, so I don't want to gouge anyone on a "how to" manual. And we'd be covering this with Rega, AVID, SME, Oracle, Technics, Project and VPI, so I think we'd have most of the bases covered.

Maybe we can both chat with Garth about including Clearaudio as well?

I'd really like to produce this because it seems like most people's turntables could use a tune up and getting the most out of your analog setup is really rewarding.

Masterlu
04-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah, the software is pretty spendy, so I don't want to gouge anyone on a "how to" manual. And we'd be covering this with Rega, AVID, SME, Oracle, Technics, Project and VPI, so I think we'd have most of the bases covered.

Maybe we can both chat with Garth about including Clearaudio as well?

I'd really like to produce this because it seems like most people's turntables could use a tune up and getting the most out of your analog setup is really rewarding.

Yup, I'm sure Garth would want ClearAudio included. :yes:

PS> Both Garth, and Joe are planning to attend in July.

Masterlu
04-24-2011, 03:41 PM
BTW, do you know about McIntosh & ClearAudio's collaboration on their 2nd new Table?

Tonepub
04-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Sounds exciting!

Tonepub
04-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Ivan, when I get it done, if you'd like to include it free with all of your TT and cartridge sales, I'll be happy to provide...

Analog is no fun if your table isn't dialed in.

Jerome W
04-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Hey troops:

I've just ordered the full suite of Feickert tools to dial your cartridge in all the way. I've been really intrigued with the SoundSmith Cartright, but it's still on the horizon. I'm sure it will be awesome, but it's not ready to roll yet.

The good news about the Feickert stuff is that it is very comprehensive. The bad news is that the instructions are a pretty tough read.

I'm thinking about spending a month with this on a variety of different turntables and tonearms and putting together a very comprehensive E-Book on how to use it.

Do you think there would be any interest in this, or is it more screwing around than most of you would like to undertake? I know Fremer has his setup DVD, but it only gets you so far. I'd like to make this more of a master class.

And I'm thinking of pricing it a lot more reasonable, somewhere between 10-15 bucks, with a discount to AA members.

As always thanks for your feedback.

Great idea Jeff !
I would buy it !

Masterlu
04-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Ivan, when I get it done, if you'd like to include it free with all of your TT and cartridge sales, I'll be happy to provide...

+1 :thumbsup:

Alberto
04-24-2011, 06:56 PM

I beg to differ - and I have a living counter-example playing at this very moment and I'm having lots of fun ... unless you consider this dialed in:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5268/5639627288_3e827949a1_b.jpg

Just kidding. I look forward to seeing your project evolve.

Alberto

JSCC
04-24-2011, 10:45 PM

Hi Jeff,

Any chance you will include the Triplaner MKVII UII and Dr. Feickert Twin DFA in your list? I would sure like to "dial in" my Miyajima Shilabe to get the best out of it.

Its not that I dont trust my dealer, but certainly, its always good to know how to do some DIY tweaking.

Cheers! :banana:

Tonepub
04-24-2011, 11:35 PM
I Don't have the Feickert table, but I do have the Triplanar arm.... I think once we really explain how it works with some good pics and possibly videos too, it will be easy to adapt to your whatever combination you might have.

I've got the Rega arms, SME, Triplanar and will probably add VPI and Graham to my list. That should cover most of it!

Jerome W
04-25-2011, 02:42 AM
I Don't have the Feickert table, but I do have the Triplanar arm.... I think once we really explain how it works with some good pics and possibly videos too, it will be easy to adapt to your whatever combination you might have.

I've got the Rega arms, SME, Triplanar and will probably add VPI and Graham to my list. That should cover most of it!

And Clearaudio arms ?

howiebrou
04-25-2011, 03:55 AM
I'm in, but I think they don't work on the Avid Turntables Jeff... (due to the bump from the spindle) :scratch2:

Tonepub
04-25-2011, 03:58 AM
Well probably have to round up a clear table, but it sounds like Ivan is going to lend a hand there...

Haurock
04-25-2011, 07:36 AM
I beg to differ - and I have a living counter-example playing at this very moment and I'm having lots of fun ... unless you consider this dialed in:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5268/5639627288_3e827949a1_b.jpg

Just kidding. I look forward to seeing your project evolve.

Alberto

:D ... you mean you're just adding your 2 cents worth? :laughin:

miner
04-25-2011, 09:16 AM
I would be interested in joining for the eBook instructions.

Formerly YB-2
04-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Count me in if it covers modern SME (309) and Jelco (SA-750D) arms.

streetspirit
04-27-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm interested just to learn more!

Tonepub
04-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Definitely!