PDA

View Full Version : ET3 SE review in process...

Tonepub
02-06-2011, 05:58 PM
We are just wrapping up the new CJ ET3 SE (w/phono) review and it will be in our March issue, #36. But I have to say that for $5500 with phono, this is probably one of the best bang for the buck preamps I've had the privilege to use.

Over the next few months, we are unbundling all of our past reviews, and we've done quite a bit of CJ, so I'll get all the links up here once they are ready to roll.

I've certainly had a long history with CJ over the past 33 years, so it's fun to see this part of the forum up!

Masterlu
02-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Perfect timing Jeff! ;)

Puma Cat
02-06-2011, 06:45 PM
We are just wrapping up the new CJ ET3 SE (w/phono) review and it will be in our March issue, #36. But I have to say that for $5500 with phono, this is probably one of the best bang for the buck preamps I've had the privilege to use.

Over the next few months, we are unbundling all of our past reviews, and we've done quite a bit of CJ, so I'll get all the links up here once they are ready to roll.

Thanks very much, Jeff! :thumbsup:

jdandy
02-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Jeff.......It will be interesting and useful to be able to link to past Tone Audio reviews. Just yesterday, while searching for information on upgraded headphone cables, I ran across a link to Tone Audio #10 from 2007. I downloaded it to read the Stefan Audio Art - Say Goodbye To Grunge headphone cable review. BTW, the SAA headphone cables for Sennheiser HD600/650 have jumped to a price greater than the cost the headphones, which in my humble opinion is rediculous no matter how much of a performace bump is realized.

Reading Tone Audio #10 was fun. Looking at the reviews and gear that were new four years ago was interesting. I see you are still using the same photo in your Publisher's Letter, too. :D

Tonepub
02-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah no time to have pictures taken of me!

Coppy
03-11-2011, 12:02 AM
And Jeff... I understand they have an ET-5 now also. Two for one review?

Tonepub
03-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Nope, ET5 should be here in a few weeks. ET3SE review is in the can and will be in issue #36...

So, I'd plan on seeing the ET5 review sometime June or July. It will need at least 5-600 hours for burn in before all those teflon caps sound right. It
will be very interesting to compare it to my ACT 2/series 2.