PDA

View Full Version : Magico - New Speaker - Q3

JSCC
12-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Magico, a leader in high-performance loudspeaker design and manufacture, has unveiled the Magico Q3 ($34,000 per pair). This five driver three-way floorstander is housed in a fully-braced, fully-damped, aluminum and brass hard-anodized enclosure. Featuring a complete set of Magico-designed drivers, including three new 7" Nano-Tec woofers, delivers overall system efficiency of 90dB/W/m. The Q3 builds upon the proven concept of the Q platform first developed for the award-winning Q5, which was the first Magico product to take advantage of complete in-house control of all design and build variables. Magico's three new woofers are complemented by a 6" Nano-Tec midrange and the MBe-1 Beryllium dome tweeter. Together, these drivers represent Magico's continued pursuit of developing and implementing some of the finest loudspeaker drivers. The Q3's continuous curve of the front baffle minimizes diffraction. Substantial collar-locking isolation feet are also a highlight in the pursuit of ultimate performance. Overall sensitivity is 90dB/W/m, impedance is 5 Ohms and frequency response is from 26 Hz to 50 kHz. Cabinet dimensions are 47 x 16 x 10.5 (HxDxW in inches) and each unit eights 250 lbs.

Think this is the NEW Magico style. The smaller monitor "disappeared" from the line up and so does the much older Model 6 Ultimate .....

Anyone interested?

howiebrou
12-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Magico, a leader in high-performance loudspeaker design and manufacture, has unveiled the Magico Q3 ($34,000 per pair). This five driver three-way floorstander is housed in a fully-braced, fully-damped, aluminum and brass hard-anodized enclosure. Featuring a complete set of Magico-designed drivers, including three new 7" Nano-Tec woofers, delivers overall system efficiency of 90dB/W/m. The Q3 builds upon the proven concept of the Q platform first developed for the award-winning Q5, which was the first Magico product to take advantage of complete in-house control of all design and build variables. Magico's three new woofers are complemented by a 6" Nano-Tec midrange and the MBe-1 Beryllium dome tweeter. Together, these drivers represent Magico's continued pursuit of developing and implementing some of the finest loudspeaker drivers. The Q3's continuous curve of the front baffle minimizes diffraction. Substantial collar-locking isolation feet are also a highlight in the pursuit of ultimate performance. Overall sensitivity is 90dB/W/m, impedance is 5 Ohms and frequency response is from 26 Hz to 50 kHz. Cabinet dimensions are 47 x 16 x 10.5 (HxDxW in inches) and each unit eights 250 lbs.

Think this is the NEW Magico style. The smaller monitor "disappeared" from the line up and so does the much older Model 6 Ultimate .....

Anyone interested?

Bro,

You still interested in Magico after that monstrosity demo we had in Singapore?? :icon_thumbsdown:

Masterlu
12-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Bro,

You still interested in Magico after that monstrosity demo we had in Singapore?? :icon_thumbsdown:

Do tell

darkstar
12-22-2010, 08:11 PM
I am sure this speaker sound great. Certainly, thats the impression one would have if you go by the written word for the Q5.

The issue I have with Magico is how quickly they pulled the trigger on these new models when the rest of the line wasn't in the marketplace for very long. I know I would be very pissed off if I was an M-5 owner.

cmalak
12-22-2010, 11:17 PM
I have heard the V2, V3 and the Q5 and while they are all impressive speakers in their own right, none of them drew me in to the music emotionally. Can admire them but do not love them :no:. And for that kind of money, I want to love them :yes:

TommyC
12-22-2010, 11:38 PM
I like their older style using wood. Aluminum looks cold to me.

Masterlu
12-22-2010, 11:41 PM

Unless it's on a Fenice' :banana:

-E-
12-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Magico's sound great. However, the attitude of their people (and thus the company) is beyond horrific.

Pass.

You could give them to me for free and I'd probably fleabay them over keeping them, just from the still sour taste in my mouth from their treatment.

Still-One
12-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Cold looking maybe, but for me it usually sounds good.

JSCC
12-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Bro,

Howie,

The demo we got is the lowest entry level and I am never into that V2 speakers, look and all. As for amps, with the kind of money they are asking for the VAC's, I rather look at more exotic stuff like Wavac which I had a short affair and do like them or to Air Tight Reference or even making an "U" turn back to good ole McIntosh!

M5 I have not heard nor any of their latest "all aluminum enclosure" - starting with the Q5 (replacement for the M5?) ... and now the Q3.

Seriously, I am very much in love with the Meridian DSP8k ... and even if I would want to go look elsewhere and re-start my craziness with cables and all, I would still only look at the Wilson Maxx 3, Sasha or the SF Stradivari (pity no more Palladio available).

In short, I am posting this thread cause the intro of the Q3 was shown on "EnjoyTheMusic.com" and would love to share the news of its launch. And see if anyone in this forum will dive into Magico. Dont remember anyone owned them ... :D

Ivan,

The Magico's are very well build, but for the money, I think I would rather go for the Wilson Maxx 3 instead - or for today, my lovely Meridian DSP8k! :thumbsup:

But then, who knows, you might just love to have them as your third system? After all, one man's meat could be another man's poison like the saying goes.

Cheers!

howiebrou
12-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Howie,

The demo we got is the lowest entry level and I am never into that V2 speakers, look and all. As for amps, with the kind of money they are asking for the VAC's, I rather look at more exotic stuff like Wavac which I had a short affair and do like them or to Air Tight Reference or even making an "U" turn back to good ole McIntosh!

M5 I have not heard nor any of their latest "all aluminum enclosure" - starting with the Q5 (replacement for the M5?) ... and now the Q3.

Seriously, I am very much in love with the Meridian DSP8k ... and even if I would want to go look elsewhere and re-start my craziness with cables and all, I would still only look at the Wilson Maxx 3, Sasha or the SF Stradivari (pity no more Palladio available).

In short, I am posting this thread cause the intro of the Q3 was shown on "EnjoyTheMusic.com" and would love to share the news of its launch. And see if anyone in this forum will dive into Magico. Dont remember anyone owned them ... :D

Ivan,

The Magico's are very well build, but for the money, I think I would rather go for the Wilson Maxx 3 instead - or for today, my lovely Meridian DSP8k! :thumbsup:

But then, who knows, you might just love to have them as your third system? After all, one man's meat could be another man's poison like the saying goes.

Cheers!

Jerry,

I hear ya! But all I know is that the sound was abysmal. The same goes for when I demoed the M5 with Lamm reference amps.

I did, however, quite like the Magico Mini I but went for the SF Guarneri Mementos in the end.

howie

JSCC
12-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Jerry,

I hear ya! But all I know is that the sound was abysmal. The same goes for when I demoed the M5 with Lamm reference amps.

I did, however, quite like the Magico Mini I but went for the SF Guarneri Mementos in the end.

howie

Bro,

I guess the word "abysmal" here meant "not so good" huh?

You were not wrong to go for the SF Guarneri Momentos. I have heard the Mini when first arrived some years back and was then priced at S$17 per pair including stands. Near field listening, they do sound great BUT not good enough to move me away from the WP7.

Cheers! :banana:

RDS1
01-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi all,

Wich is the caracter of the Magico sound?
Have others brands similar sound?

Thanks!
Rubén

Jeff Fritz
04-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Hey guys,

Check out our Magico factory tour:

Magico, March 30, 2011 (http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=65&Itemid=152)

Jeff Fritz