PDA

View Full Version : Venture Speakers

Talk2me
10-27-2010, 03:05 PM
I had to sell my new B&W 802 Diamonds, and got a smoking deal on a pair of Venture CR-8.2 Signature's. Anybody with experience with Venture speakers?

two dot
10-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Had to sell??? I thought that you just got them...

What gives...

Still-One
10-27-2010, 08:50 PM
I don't know much about them but I do know the main office was the next town over from where I lived for awhile in Belgium.

Talk2me
11-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Had to sell??? I thought that you just got them...

What gives...

Yes, I just got them. However, the economy being what it is, my salary has taken alittle hit this year. It was not that I had to sell my new Diamonds. I saw the Venture C-8 Signature for sale ( they hardly ever go up for sale on the used market). So, I had to sell my 802Di's, to get my Ventures. And boy what a difference! The resolution of the C-8's is nothing short of spectacular. It is as if I had all along been listening to my sytem in the shower, and now the steam has been removed from my glasses. As good as my B&W 802 Di's sounded, I have elevated my sytem now to another higher level. I might add also that I was using Transparent MusicWave Super cables, and at the same time switched to FMS Nexus-3 cables. This also was a huge improvement in resolution, dynamics and musicality. I did not know something was missing from my system, untill I upgraded. So, I will now sell my Transparent interconnects and speaker cables. But not untill the owner/designer of FMS regains his health and starts making products again. He is a genius in what he can do with wire.

two dot
11-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Still not sure that I understand but I SURE AM GLAD that you like the new speakers better!!!

Talk2me
11-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Still not sure that I understand but I SURE AM GLAD that you like the new speakers better!!!

Cliff notes: bought much better speakers for less money. :music:

Face
11-04-2010, 01:36 PM
That's not hard to do coming from a pair of 802 D's. :eek:

Congrats on the new purchase!

Still-One
11-04-2010, 02:51 PM

It is all a matter of one preferences. :yes:

Talk2me
11-05-2010, 01:23 PM

I think the 802Di are excellent speakers for their price range-$15K

two dot
11-05-2010, 02:57 PM

Got it!!!

I did the same thing... my current speakers are like 22% cost of my previous speakers and ...for my room and my gear... I would never go back.

Speakers are funny like that. $$$ does not always equal sound....

Congrats and enjoy...

Poobah
11-05-2010, 03:31 PM
You guys are hurting my feelings. :P

Talk2me
11-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Got it!!!

I did the same thing... my current speakers are like 22% cost of my previous speakers and ...for my room and my gear... I would never go back.

Speakers are funny like that. $$$ does not always equal sound....

Congrats and enjoy...

Actually, the speakers I bought sell for $28,000 new. But, I bought them at a great USED price becuase of a distress sale. The previous owner is losing his house. :sigh:

Talk2me
11-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Members: If you can get a chance, I highly recommend you take a listen to the Venture speaker line. My new (to me) Venture C-8 Signature is by far the best speaker I have ever heard. The resolution, the tonal presentation and the dynamics are superb. I cannot stop listening to these "musical instruments" :music: :thumbsup: