PDA

View Full Version : Stands for IBi2

adol290
10-18-2010, 03:03 PM
I have starting thinking about upgrading my EB1i's to IB2i's.

I would like to get feedback on recommended stands for IB2i's.

Also I would like to get a idea of the stands costs.

Pyro
10-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Adjustable Monitor Stands | Speaker Stands | Studio Stands | Amplifier Stands (http://www.soundanchors.com/)

Take a look here.

Also look at the PMC Website.

IB1S/IB2S 837mm/33" High + Spikes or Glides

Masterlu
10-18-2010, 03:21 PM
15% off Sound Anchor products for Subscribers. :naughty:

:D

ian@pmc
10-18-2010, 09:59 PM
I recommend the Sound anchor stands as well... You can get just the right height weighted and tuned for an absolute steal. Take Masterlu up on his killer deal. Also the upgrade is a big one in stepping up from Eb1i to IB2i. The IB2i was killing it with Brystons BDP-1 at RMAF this past weekend.

adol290
10-18-2010, 10:50 PM
So you can get the stand in different heights?

The bass driver on my EB1i's is about 27.5" from the
floor. My ear height is 35" sitting on my couch. This makes the mid driver higher than my ear.

The 33" would make the drivers even higher than the Eb1i's drivers. The bass driver would start above my ear height.

What would be the proper height.

Masterlu
10-18-2010, 11:04 PM
They can be custom made any height you want.

Pyro
10-19-2010, 12:46 PM
I recommend the Sound anchor stands as well... You can get just the right height weighted and tuned for an absolute steal. Take Masterlu up on his killer deal. Also the upgrade is a big one in stepping up from Eb1i to IB2i. The IB2i was killing it with Brystons BDP-1 at RMAF this past weekend.

What size room would you need for the IB2i's to perform?

JohnThomas
10-19-2010, 04:29 PM
When I use to own the IB2's I had sound anchors make a custom stand. They were working with Bob at starsound technologies per my request. First instead of using the material inside the stands provided by sound anchors they were filled with starsounds Micro-Bearing Conductive Steel Fill Material. I had the sound anchors floor spikes replaced with starsounds threaded Audio Points. Finally I had sound anchor drill four screw in holes in the top corners of the stands. Then they threaded starsounds APCD2 coupling disc in each corner. Then I placed four of starsounds .2AP7D into APCD2 and placed the IB2's on top of them. I bet you Ian has never heard the IB2's on this type of stand.Audio Points .2AP.7D (http://www.starsoundtechnologies.com/2ap7d.html)

adol290
10-21-2010, 03:38 PM

Ian,

Decided to upgrade with the IB2i's.

When deciding on speaker stand height, which speaker driver on the Ib2i, should be at you ear height.

Also, are there any documents that shows the actual detailed measurements on the speaker. On the PMC
site there is a PDF, but it only shows the layout of the center speaker.

jethro
11-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Adol290,

I have my IB-1s on 17 inch stands that were made by Bryston. I'm not sure if the IB-2's need a different height.

HTH, Steve

Face
11-10-2010, 07:41 PM
When deciding on speaker stand height, which speaker driver on the Ib2i, should be at you ear height.
The tweeter.

ian@pmc
11-10-2010, 08:30 PM
You actually want to have ear level just below the center of the midrange. That is the ideal listening position... If you are at tweeter level then the sound will lean toward treble side. When you are just below the center of the mid you will find much better balance. You will also want to toe them in and have them cross 18" behind your listening position.

I know the IB2i very well...

mb2
11-14-2010, 09:32 AM
I found the 20inch stands to be perfect with no toe in really.

Pyro
12-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Ian,

Decided to upgrade with the IB2i's.

Also, are there any documents that shows the actual detailed measurements on the speaker. On the PMC
site there is a PDF, but it only shows the layout of the center speaker.

Adol,

DId you get IB2i's?

Post some pictures.

How do they compare to the EB1i's?

Thanks.

adol290
01-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Adol,

DId you get IB2i's?

Post some pictures.

How do they compare to the EB1i's?

Thanks.

Yes I did get the IB2i's.

I found that the EB1i's were too close to my listening position. I am about 9 feet back. This put my ear at about the mid point of the woofer. I did not like the sound at this height.

Now, the biggest difference I noticed was the Mid-range driver. In MHO, the EB1i's were a tad bright/sharp, with a very small bit of detail looseness in louder passages. This is what my ear perceived(in my room), and I always was not satisfied with the mid-range sound.

The IB2i's present a much cleaner and fuller sound in the mid-range. Loud passages are very tight and clear, with no perceived brightness/sharpness. I am very happy with the change in sound.

I find the bass driver very good and do not miss the lower hz in the EB1i's. But I also have 2 JL F113's.

I also made custom stands for the IB2i L/R. My ear level is just about 1/2" above the center of the mid-range speaker. Again, just my preference

I would post pics, but I cannot post attachments

Pyro
01-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks Adol.

Sounds like you made the right choice.

If you become a forum subscriber you can post some pictures of your system.

Thanks,
Rob

Masterlu
01-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Posting pics are a benefit of being a Subscriber on AA :thumbsup:

Jerome W
01-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Yes I did get the IB2i's.

I found that the EB1i's were too close to my listening position. I am about 9 feet back. This put my ear at about the mid point of the woofer. I did not like the sound at this height.

Now, the biggest difference I noticed was the Mid-range driver. In MHO, the EB1i's were a tad bright/sharp, with a very small bit of detail looseness in louder passages. This is what my ear perceived(in my room), and I always was not satisfied with the mid-range sound.

The IB2i's present a much cleaner and fuller sound in the mid-range. Loud passages are very tight and clear, with no perceived brightness/sharpness. I am very happy with the change
I find the bass driver very good and do not miss the lower hz in the EB1i's. But I also have 2 JL F113's.

I also made custom stands for the IB2i L/R. My ear level is just about 1/2" above the center of the mid-range speaker. Again, just my preference

I would post pics, but I cannot post attachments

That's great if you have a better balance to your ears now.
That made me curious to listen to the IB2i.
But I am wondering : which electronics do you use ? My friends are always amazed by the quality of the mids of the EB1i, which are extremely natural in my room and far from bright.....

adol290
01-02-2011, 12:37 PM
That's great if you have a better balance to your ears now.
That made me curious to listen to the IB2i.
But I am wondering : which electronics do you use ? My friends are always amazed by the quality of the mids of the EB1i, which are extremely natural in my room and far from bright.....

I am running a Bryston 7B-SST2 on the L/R/C speakers.

Your Mac's may tone down the brightness.

My room is currently untreated, so this could also have some effect on the very slight brightness i hear.